S802/S812-Libreelec images for 7/8/9

• n00b here

I tried to update my MXIII 2g (S802 Tronsmart ver.) to Libreelec 8.0 a few months back and made a mess of it.

Only now, I have come back to try get it working.

I managed to get my backed up stock android image installed at least, so thats at least working. I can boot back into that.

Im now looking it install Libreelec 8.2.x (Whatever stable version is recommended)

Can someone link me to the best download, and give me a quick idiots guide on how to install it please?

• Besides all of it? Considering this is the first question I asked and I have not read the entire thread... Really no need to be rude.

So the polite answer is you might release an update after LibreElec 9 goes stable? :rolleyes:

The polite answer is don't ask for ETA's and if it comes it comes.

And if you are impatient you can always build your own image.

• I've got a strange problem with 4K on my Neo X8H Plus running 8.2.2.

If I change the resolution of the Kodi interface to 4K the TV just displays a static 1080p image in the top left quarter of the screen. The image appears to be what was on screen immediately before the Confirm/Revert resolution change message.

If I hit back on the remote, it reverts back to 1080p. I've tried setting refresh rate down to 24Hz (from 60Hz) before changing the resolution, but this doesn't make any difference.

If I leave the Kodi interface at 1080p and then play a 4K video, the TV switches to 4K @ 24Hz and plays the video. However, a static image of the Kodi interface is overlayed in the top left corner as above.

:/

• I've got a strange problem with 4K on my Neo X8H Plus running 8.2.2.

If I change the resolution of the Kodi interface to 4K the TV just displays a static 1080p image in the top left quarter of the screen. The image appears to be what was on screen immediately before the Confirm/Revert resolution change message.

If I hit back on the remote, it reverts back to 1080p. I've tried setting refresh rate down to 24Hz (from 60Hz) before changing the resolution, but this doesn't make any difference.

If I leave the Kodi interface at 1080p and then play a 4K video, the TV switches to 4K @ 24Hz and plays the video. However, a static image of the Kodi interface is overlayed in the top left corner as above.

:/

Great now go back version by version and tell me when this bug started happening so i can fix it :)

Thank you.

• Great now go back version by version and tell me when this bug started happening so i can fix it :)

Thank you.

I was on 8.0.2b before 8.2.2 and I'm pretty certain I had the same problem then. I haven't been using the box since moving off from Android as it took me a while to find the time to sort out the SMB issues.

Would a screenshot of the problem help?

• I was on 8.0.2b before 8.2.2 and I'm pretty certain I had the same problem then. I haven't been using the box since moving off from Android as it took me a while to find the time to sort out the SMB issues.

Would a screenshot of the problem help?

Nope, can you consider testing it on a different 4k tv?

• Hi, i tried from 8.0.2 to 8.2.2 and the 4k never worked (top left quarter static) with my MXIII-G

if i use android and select 4k, works ok, but if i reset with 4k to libreelec, the logo is show top left quarter of the screen forever

also with 8.2.2 the audio output uses S/PDIF and the output is PCM 2.0 always, before with 8.2.1 was HDMI (dd, dd+ or dts in 5.1) all ok
    ?(

• What issues were resolved? I have an M8 box now with the 8.2.2 image. Still have the same audio problems: I.e. DTS and DD does not work over the S/PDIF optical link. I can now choose S/PDIF as audio output but I still get only a short noise / screech and the silence whan playing DTS or DD content. GUI sounds work fine. Demetris

I'm not using optical. Just HDMI. Audio has been working fine once again using those builds on the G-box Q and Q2 for me.

• Hi, i tried from 8.0.2 to 8.2.2 and the 4k never worked (top left quarter static) with my MXIII-G

if i use android and select 4k, works ok, but if i reset with 4k to libreelec, the logo is show top left quarter of the screen forever

also with 8.2.2 the audio output uses S/PDIF and the output is PCM 2.0 always, before with 8.2.1 was HDMI (dd, dd+ or dts in 5.1) all ok
    ?(

Try adding this "echo "xrandr --output eDP1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 3840x2160 --rate 60.00" (without quotes) and modify for output and Hertz (60, 50, 30, 25). in the config folder to a file called "autostart.sh"

Edited once, last by forbesst (December 9, 2017 at 12:02 PM).

• Demetris, I was trying on a 50" Seiki 4K TV.

Just tried with a brand new LG 49UJ63 both with an old HDMI cable and a brand new HDMI 2.0 one. Same result.

As per siborg, 4K was working on Android.

Photos attached.

Try adding this

Code
    “echo "xrandr --output eDP1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 3840x2160 --rate 60.00" 

and modify for output and Hertz (60, 50, 30, 25). in the config folder to a file called "autostart.sh"

Edited once, last by forbesst (December 9, 2017 at 12:01 PM).

• Try adding this "echo "xrandr --output eDP1 --off && xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 3840x2160 --rate 60.00" (without quotes) and modify for output and Hertz (60, 50, 30, 25). in the config folder to a file called "autostart.sh"

didn't work, started with 1080p like always and never change to 2160p

manual resolution to 4k and the quarter screen appears

• Hello,

I have an Instabox MX4 phantom, currently updated to android 5.0 with Matricom firmware.

The box is also compatible with M8s boxes.
    (s812, 100Mbit Lan, ...).
    I would like to install Libreelec on it, I would pick the first file from this list:
    Index of /image/LE8/arm/8.2.1
    LibreELEC-Amlogic.arm-M8-8.2.1-update.zip

But I'm looking for a pendrive solution.
    I succesfully updated my S912 box but the rom was in ...img.gz fromat, I've burned it to an SD card and kept the android system as well.

Could you recommend any firmware which I can burn on a pendrive?
    Thank you!

PS: I'm also looking for a solution to flip the screen under openelec/libreelec.
    Unfortunately there is no config.txt file :(

• Hello Demetris,

I have this box 4.4.2: Tronsmart Vega S89 S802 2.0GHz Quad Core Android TV BOX 2G/16G 2.4G/5G

You had made a Kodi 17.3 LIBREELEC version (8.0.1) exclusively for me around 7 months ago and it worked perfectly, many thanks for that.

Do you know if it can be updated and which .tar file I must use? The micro SD card I own and contains LIBREELEC does not have an update folder. What shall I do? Shall I make a new LIBREELEC Kodi 17.6 installation with an .img file or is it possible to update it with .tar and if yes, how?

Thank you.