upgrading audio file.

• I have built a music player, as i bought a touchscreen monitor that has a mount on the backside for a raspberry Pi.

So, i have all of that set and Kodi installed on the SD card. So, I had been reading on what are so good and bad formats to put the audio files in.

So, do any one knows of a great lossless audio format.

• I thank u for that.

I was reading upon audio quality and lossless. After reading about how poor MP3 is, i was thinking on going for something like FLAC.

I also came across a article about how you can compress the FLAC file and still have the great audio quality.

• Listen to mp3 256 and flac to see if you hear a difference. Ten years ago I spent weeks converting my cd collection to flac. At my age, I don't think I really hear any difference. Let your ears be the judge.

• Listen to mp3 256 and flac to see if you hear a difference.

I agree. MP3 at higher sampling rates is great! Lossless FLAC/WAV is for music production, where inaudible frequencies become audible by using audio tools. If you're no musician, stay away from lossless audio. You will lose storage in TB range.

• I usually rip disc's in FLAC for HiFi (AVR) playback with Kodi and then I rip again in 320Kb MP3 for phone/car use. I'm rotating the disks in the NAS roughly every 6-7 years and each rotation seems to cost the same but I end up with double the space I got in the previous one, so there's always space available. My priorities may be different to yours though.