Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• Try adding -v.

Hm, everything seems ok until the crash, doesn't it?

• Ok im using LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.003 ALPHA build, i was previously using OpenElec. Now with OpenElec in RetroArch if i had a shader loaded and wemt to the edit the shader settings via the 'Menu Shader Parameters' setting i was able to do this fine but since moving to LibreELEC now when i try and edit the shader settings with the parameter setting it causes RetroArch to crash!, any ideas?

Edited once, last by BlockABoots (August 9, 2016 at 6:39 PM).

• sensenmann, about scummvm, I want to try by myself but I don't know which is the game file format needed to use, I have some old scummvm games from my old psp emu but rertoarch didn't recognize them...

BlockABoots, when I have some free time I have to spend some time in LE8 in order to test the addon well...

• I think I'm missing something - I can't get Gamestarter to work, it just restarts Kodi.

I'm running Librelec 7.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi 2.

I've installed Gamestarter 2.1.0. When I first launch Gamestarter it says it will do its configuration, which appears to go OK. But when I launch Gamestarter to launch into either Retroarch or EmulationStation it just restarts Kodi.

Looking in /storage/emulators I've only got bios, roms, saves. Should the retroarch directories be in there as well?

Where's an appropriate log file I can view for the possible cause (either a bad install, or bad Libreelec config)?

Thanks.

• Did you download the right addon version for your SO?
    Retroarch, emulationstation and advancedlanuncher files are in /storage/.config/ check if they are there...
    In the next release I will include a log file to debug, you can check it out: script.gamestarter-v2.1.1-OLE.zip

I used script.gamestarter-v2.1.0-OLE.zip

I just checked /storage/.config and the directories and files appear to be there. (Though there mainly config files)

I'll look at your 2.1.1 version to see if the logfile gives any hints. Where will it write the logfile to?

Thanks.

Edit: oops, the 2.1.1 URL got a 404 error.

Edited once, last by kidhazy (August 11, 2016 at 9:59 AM).

• Hm, everything seems ok until the crash, doesn't it?

I found scummvm error... this core is not included in my addon, so you downloaded from retroarch buildbot with "update cores" option in menu, well, that core is not working in rasperries...
    I have copy the one compiled by escalade and uploaded to my repo, you can download from here (with my mame2010 working experimental core):
    libretro-part3.tar.gz

It run for me, but I didn't test any game yet...

I used script.gamestarter-v2.1.0-OLE.zip

I just checked /storage/.config and the directories and files appear to be there. (Though there mainly config files)

I'll look at your 2.1.1 version to see if the logfile gives any hints. Where will it write the logfile to?

Thanks.

Edit: oops, the 2.1.1 URL got a 404 error.

Try again, now it is public pre-release.
    The log will be in /storage/.config/gamestarter.log

• I found scummvm error... this core is not included in my addon, so you downloaded from retroarch buildbot with "update cores" option in menu, well, that core is not working in rasperries...
    I have copy the one compiled by escalade and uploaded to my repo, you can download from here (with my mame2010 working experimental core):
    https://github.com/bite-your-idols/Games...rt3.tar.gz

It run for me, but I didn't test any game yet...

We're definitely on the right track here. Switched the core file and started it via the retroarch frontend -> scummvm menu starts up.

But the menu looks really "old", I think there might be something called a "modern menu" or so that should be loaded instead. Maybe escalade's repo could again point to a solution to that?

Oh and btw, I don't get how scummvm games (or even the menu) can be started via the emulationstation frontend. There are 4 games listed (I don't know why there's 4, as I have 9 in the rom folder...), but when I try to start them it crashes immediatly and kodi starts again. I'd like to just start the scummvm gui and choose the game from there... but that's not important to me right now, because I'm heading for the supposed "advanced launcher" approach here.

Thanks so far, anyway!

• Ok im using LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.003 ALPHA build, i was previously using OpenElec. Now with OpenElec in RetroArch if i had a shader loaded and wemt to the edit the shader settings via the 'Menu Shader Parameters' setting i was able to do this fine but since moving to LibreELEC now when i try and edit the shader settings with the parameter setting it causes RetroArch to crash!, any ideas?

I tried some shader parameter edit in retroarch menu in LE8alpha and everything seems to work ok with the shaders I include in my addon... maybe is something related with any shader you use...

• I tried some shader parameter edit in retroarch menu in LE8alpha and everything seems to work ok with the shaders I include in my addon... maybe is something related with any shader you use...

What about if you just load Retroarch from the main LibreElec menu and not through your add-on??