Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• bite_your_idols

Decompress with gunzip, then «losetup -Pf file.img» then «udevil —mount /dev/loop1p1» to mount the flash partition, then «udevil —mount /media/LIBREELEC/SYSTEM».

Hi Master Escalade!! Your coding knowledge is always welcome.

I download RPI2 lakka image and unzip it with 7z (Generic image can be totally extracted with 7zip so I can get binaries but RPi2 always fails...)

I run my Ubuntu VM and I ccopy my lakka.img from windows host to ubuntu guest.

Then I ssh sudo "losetup -Pf lakka.img" -> OK

After that I install udevil and then "udevil —mount /dev/loop1p1" -> udevil: error 40: cannot stat in /dev/loop1p1: No such file or directory

I browse to /dev folder and I see there is no loop1p1, but loop1 to loop7 and loop2p1 and loop2p2 so I use one of these: "sudo udevil mount /dev/loop2p2" -> Mounted /dev/loop2p2 at /media/root/LAKKA_DISK

Then "udevil —mount /media/LIBREELEC/SYSTEM" -> udevil: error 40: cannot stat in /media/LIBREELEC/SYSTEM: No such file or directory

The I try several noob options like creating manually that folder, changing mounting path to the one from the previous output... but I am stuck at that point... what have I missed?

Thanks again for your help and patience...

• I assumed you were doing it on an LE system, udevil might be set up differently. Use «losetup -l» to see which loop device you should use. You can use mount manually as well, dont be scared of the manpages 😜

• I assumed you were doing it on an LE system, udevil might be set up differently. Use «losetup -l» to see which loop device you should use. You can use mount manually as well, dont be scared of the manpages 😜

this is the output of "losetup -l"

NAME SIZELIMIT OFFSET AUTOCLEAR RO BACK-FILE DIO LOG-SEC

/dev/loop1 0 0 1 1 /var/lib/snapd/snaps/core_7270.snap 0 512

/dev/loop2 0 0 0 0 /home/ubuntu/lakka.img 0 512

/dev/loop0 0 0 1 1 /var/lib/snapd/snaps/core_8268.snap 0 512

If I try "sudo udevil mount /dev/loop2" -> udevil: error 63: no media in device /dev/loop2 (or specify type with -t)

I tried looking into manpage but it is like reading chinese to me...

did you get it using linux? I followed some mount tutoriasl for extracting raspbian files but I never get working with lakka image...

• You’ll want to mount the first partition, so loop2p1, not loop2.

Yes, I can mount first partition using "sudo udevil mount /dev/loop2p1" and I get this output: Mounted /dev/loop2p1 at /media/root/LAKKA

Also I can mount the second one "sudo udevil mount /dev/loop2p2" and I get this one: Mounted /dev/loop2p2 at /media/root/LAKKA_DISK

What I can not get is how to browse "/media/root/..." since it is a forbidden folder...

Also I don't understand this step (or what path I should I use):

"udevil —mount /media/LIBREELEC/SYSTEM"

UPDATE: another issue I see is what I need is to browse or unzip "SYSTEM" file that is in the fat32 partition... I tried a couple of windows apps to browse linux drives and always get stuck when trying to "enter" SYSTEM file, that is inside 0.fat if I unzip the image. When I try to do the same with the Lakka image for Generic devices I can extract that "SYSTEM" file and browse inside it, the problem is with Raspberry images.... Si I guess if I can mount and browse any of the partitions, maybe that "SYSTEM" file is not available, since Lakka need an installation first boot to expand and get all files as it needs... this is just my guess...

sorry for my noobness 8o

• Is Advanced Emulator Launcher still supposed to be working on Rpi2 with LE9.2.0.....doesn't look like its launching my roms...didn't change any settings....just updated LE..

• Is Advanced Emulator Launcher still supposed to be working on Rpi2 with LE9.2.0.....doesn't look like its launching my roms...didn't change any settings....just updated LE..

did you update core package using latest lakka one? did you try with several emualtors? I know that some cores have change its name and that change must be applied in AEL category XML, for example mame2003 now is called mame2003_plus (but this one is not working properly and it is best to use mame2010 what runs very well). I need to dedicate some time to see which ones have change to edit AEL XML files, but if you have your own lists created I am afraid you will have to edit them manually... (or rename the cores...)

• You can mount the SYSTEM file directly, so in case of Lakka, the mount command to get the root filesystem would be:

# udevil --mount /media/LAKKA/SYSTEM

There is no such thing as a "forbidden folder", and Lakka does not do anything differently from LibreELEC. The SYSTEM file is a filesystem (squashfs) that is mountable by the kernel. It's not expanded on boot or install, it's mounted.

• The forbidden folder I mean in my Ubuntu VM, folder /media/root I can't access, and everytime I try "sudo udevil mount /dev/loop2p1" or "sudo udevil mount /dev/loop2p2" the output says that is mounted at /media/root/LAKKA or /media/root/LAKKA_DISK.

If I try "sudo udevil --mount /media/LAKKA/SYSTEM" -> udevil: error 40: can not stat in /media/LAKKA/SYSTEM: No such file or directory

Also I tried "sudo udevil --mount /media/root/LAKKA/SYSTEM" and I get this output "Mounted /media/root/LAKKA/SYSTEM at /media/root/SYSTEM"... always is the .../root/... folder in the path so i can browse it...

• did you update core package using latest lakka one? did you try with several emualtors? I know that some cores have change its name and that change must be applied in AEL category XML, for example mame2003 now is called mame2003_plus (but this one is not working properly and it is best to use mame2010 what runs very well). I need to dedicate some time to see which ones have change to edit AEL XML files, but if you have your own lists created I am afraid you will have to edit them manually... (or rename the cores...)

Nevermind it's working now after bit of playing around..but no I didn't update cores yet..was all working fine so didn't bother...but I did update LE and I m sure RA updated a couple of times lately..

What made it work again is I just renamed the AEL userdata folder...then restarted LE and renamed it back again and disabled/enabled AEL and it's now launching roms again..

Also if it helps...I updated AEL to 0.9.8 and it's also working fine with Gamestarter so probably would be a good idea if you update the one in the repo too..I tested is on a Rpi2 so can't say about other HW.

Edited once, last by Mario77 (February 3, 2020 at 2:44 PM).

• Hi there

I came here since I saw that some people had the same problem as me (ie no sound in RA)

Although I get the "right" result when I use 'aplay -L', I need to use analogue ouput, and none of the option gives any result.

Obviously I haven't read every post in this thread, only checked the recent one.

I'm using a Rpi 4gb with the latest version of libreelec and RA.

Any tips ?

• Have not tried again for a long time but from what I remember both analog and bluetooth audio never worked in RA..

I might be wrong today maybe something changed since I tried as that was about 2 years ago..

• My screen doesn't have speaker and no audio output (or at least, it doesn't work anymore).

I've connected the Pi to my audio amplifier which then is connected to the screen but I can't play any action game due to the input lag.

• Hi, i am trying to run retroarch and emulationstation on libreelec 9.0.2 on raspberry pi 2 but when I try to Lunch retroarch I get the image of retroarch but immediately goes back to Kodi

Can you post retroarch_debug.log from Storage\.kodi\temp...

The main issue I remember from 9.0.2 on fresh installs is you need to install the locale addon from libreelec repo and set locale to something like uk-utf8 or us-utf8..