Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• It seems it fails when launching retroarch within EmulationStation because it does not find this lib "libxkbcommon.so.0", it should be in /lib folder in retroarch addon path, and it seems it is there because when launching retroarch directly it works... it is weird... You can try to "update" your retroarch addon to a lowest version. Also you can try to update your LibreELEC to version 9.

• Thank you very much, I updated libeelec to 9.0.3 and updated retro arch to the lowest version as suggested but everything still acts the same as far as games not loading from emulation station. Should i grab logs again?

• Thank you very much, I updated libeelec to 9.0.3 and updated retro arch to the lowest version as suggested but everything still acts the same as far as games not loading from emulation station. Should i grab logs again?

rename /addon_data/game.retroarch to addon_data/game.retroarchhh to save your settings and restart LE...Then update retroarch addon.....from addon settings download cores or copy them from game.retroarchhh folder...then open retroarch and update assets etc..it should work

• Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this. I tried everything you suggested and still seem to have the same problem. Also reinstalled ES again while I as at. Here are logs taken just after my last attempt. Also im not sure if it makes a difference but when i renamed game.retroarch to game.retroarchhh it was in a slightly different location (/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarchhh)

• Thank you very much for taking the time to help me with this. I tried everything you suggested and still seem to have the same problem. Also reinstalled ES again while I as at. Here are logs taken just after my last attempt. Also im not sure if it makes a difference but when i renamed game.retroarch to game.retroarchhh it was in a slightly different location (/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarchhh)

You don't have to touch (/storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch)..that will be overwritten with the update..rename the retroarch userdata folder which is in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.retroarch

• Thank you I went back and did everything you mentioned before again but renamed the right file this time and still no luck. However when i start retroarch now none of my controllers or remotes will navigate the menus.

• new logs

And you still got the same error

Code
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-RPi: error while loading shared libraries: libass.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Just re rename game.retroarchhh and you will get your old retroarch installation back...

• I dont get it at all but when I renamed that file back to restore my old settings it all started working again. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out. Gonna go play some mario world with the wife now.

• I'm having a really hard time getting retroarch and emulation station to work. Emulation station won't launch and keeps giving me an error of "No systems found". I have an xbox one controller for retroarch, but I can't get it to map in retroarch. I don't see an option to bind the controller. I am running version librelec version 9.0.2. How do I generate some log files so that I can download with you guys to get some help?

• I'm having a really hard time getting retroarch and emulation station to work. Emulation station won't launch and keeps giving me an error of "No systems found". I have an xbox one controller for retroarch, but I can't get it to map in retroarch. I don't see an option to bind the controller. I am running version librelec version 9.0.2. How do I generate some log files so that I can download with you guys to get some help?

No systems found normally means ES is not finding your roms folder...you have to set path in ES addon settings

• No systems found normally means ES is not finding your roms folder...you have to set path in ES addon settings

I am setting a path. I have tried various paths as well. I have roms uploaded in the "roms" folder for retroarch.

• If I remember well by default roms folder should be in storage/emulators although I never used that myself as I have my roms on hdd. So probably you won't have to set path if they are in default folder..The important thing is that you make a folder for each emulator and name it exactly like the ES gamelists folder

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.emulationstation/gamelists

So the roms folders will look like this

Code
    /storage/emulators/roms/nes
    /storage/emulators/roms/snes
    /storage/emulators/roms/psx
    /storage/emulators/roms/megadrive

...etc
  • If I remember well by default roms folder should be in storage/emulators although I never used that myself as I have my roms on hdd. So probably you won't have to set path if they are in default folder..The important thing is that you make a folder for each emulator and name it exactly like the ES gamelists folder

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/game.emulationstation/gamelists

So the roms folders will look like this

Code
    /storage/emulators/roms/nes
    /storage/emulators/roms/snes
    /storage/emulators/roms/psx
    /storage/emulators/roms/megadrive

...etc

Followed this and made a folder for each emulator and still getting the same error message.