Gamestarter: Retrogaming add-ons (RPi/Generic)

• Hello,
    I am trying to use it on libreelec on NUC.
    games seems to launch and being playable. But the AUDIO doesn't work, even when returning back to Kodi the audio isn't working until I reboot the system.
    I have tried configuring /flash/config.txt with the following settings but it didn't worked for me

hdmi_force_edid_audio=1
    hdmi_group=1
    hdmi_mode=16

anything else I can check?
    thank you,

• I had few issues with audio too but got it working but setting audio device in the retroarch audio settings..first make sure you are using the correct driver for your machine in retroarch settings->Drivers->Audio Drivers.

If it doesn't work you might need to override your audio device from retroarch audio settings...

ssh to your nuc

Code
    aplay -l

Note the card and device number for your audio autput..probably you r using HDMI out for audio so look for that..

Should look something like this

card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Enter that into Settings->Audio->Audio device in the retroarch GUI

like this "hw:0,3" without the "

Should work

• Try what Mario77 says and you can also take a look to another users issues over here: Issues · bite-your-idols/Gamestarter · GitHub

I'm not sure Escalade is updating his build anymore. 5schatten has been updating a fork:

GitHub - 5schatten/LibreELEC.tv: A bit more OS for KODI

Thanks for advising, I need some time to take a look and see if we can use updated RA and/or ES.

• Should look something like this

card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Enter that into Settings->Audio->Audio device in the retroarch GUI

like this "hw:0,3" without the "

Should work

that worked!!!! thank you!

it was exactly hw:0,3 card device

Try what Mario77 says and you can also take a look to another users issues over here: Issues · bite-your-idols/Gamestarter · GitHub

Thanks for advising, I need some time to take a look and see if we can use updated RA and/or ES.

yes I tried that, what Mario77 suggested (setting manually the audio device) worked for me. thank you for the help and for the excellent Gamestarter :)

• Hi there!

i am using the following build from millhouse

LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 18.0)

when i start retroarch, it starts kodi again.

Code: retroarch_debug.log
    /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/game.retroarch-RPi: error while loading shared libraries: libavcodec.so.57: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i have copy all libavcodec - files to /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/lib and rebooted. But no success :(

Anyone a suggestion?

• I guess after copying libs and rebooting the error is different, maybe another lib... you should use ldd command to get list of all missing libs...

I don't use LE9 testbuilds a lot time ago so I don't know if RA addon should work out -of-the-box...

I'm sorry for being absent but I don't use my RPi for emulation anymore so I need to get some freetime just to try to update addons and check how they work in newer LE versions...

• I guess after copying libs and rebooting the error is different, maybe another lib... you should use ldd command to get list of all missing libs...

I don't use LE9 testbuilds a lot time ago so I don't know if RA addon should work out -of-the-box...

No it is the same error.

here the ldd output:

why does libavcodec.so.57 => not found?

it is placed in /storage/.kodi/addons/game.retroarch/lib/

btw thx for your ;)

• check it is well named... also you need the missing ones:

Code
    libavcodec.so.57 => not found
    libavformat.so.57 => not found
    libavutil.so.55 => not found
    libswscale.so.4 => not found
    libswresample.so.2 => not found
  • Hi,

I have installed Gamestarter in my raspberry pi 3, and I can emulate roms from genesis, snes, PSX, N64... However, I have trouble emulating Dreamcast roms.

I placed BIOS files here...

And Reicast and Redream cores recognize bios files.

When starting a rom, retroarch is closed, and I am in LibreElec.

This is the log using Redream...

And this one using Reicast...

Could you please help me? I get the same thing with other roms (Shenmue, Sonic Adventure...)

And thank very much for your LibreELEC Addon. You are doing a great job!

Regards

• I don't follow dreamcast cores development but as I say some weeks ago these cores are WIP so I think that can be difficult to get them working in a RPi

• Hi wintuxx

Could you solve your problem and maybe share the needed libs?

I want to use also the newest milhouse build and currently I'm getting the same error like yours.

Thx

I just released a new RA 8.170.9 version including those missing libs, I tried it out and it worked in a fresh new LE9 alpha build installation.

You can update from kodi's Gamestarter repo or download zip from here: game.retroarch-8.170.9.zip

Also, I tried to get new RA 1.7.3 binary from escalade's/5schatten's releases but I can not make it work in official LE build... Since nowadays I just use my RPi for hyperion/ambilight control (and twice a month to watch some downloaded movies) by the moment 1.7.0 will be the last RA version in gamestarter addon, unless someone offers itself to compile RA using official LE toolchain... sorry...

• Hello all! I just got the Gamestarter addon installed on my Asus Chromebox CN60 (got fed up with issues using Retroplayer).

I've seen tons of threads on this, but I have not viewed a single fix across any forums. In Retroarch, under Audio Device, what is the proper way to format the HDMI port settings?

I, like tons of others, have no option to edit the Audio Device via the GUI by pressing left or right. I can click on Audio Device and It gives me Audio Device and the keyboard, but I'm not sure the formatting of the code that needs to be put in. Do I just type out ="hw:00: with no spaces there, or...? Obviously you won't know what the hardware ID of the hdmi for chromebox is, but no matter what I put in the GUI keyboard pop up, I get no sound. Of course sound works perfect in Kodi.

• Not sure about Chromebox but I assume it's a generic box and you can ssh from putty or whatever you use...follow post #741 on this thread...posted that lately for someone else.