LibreELEC 12.0.0 on PC - No Sound with Asus Soundcard

• Just installed LibreELEC 12.0.0 (LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0.0) on my PC (Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / CPU: AMD FX4300 QuadCore - 3,8Ghz / Grafik: ASUS EAH 5750 Formula) and run into the following Problem:

The Sound works fine if I use the 3,5mm Audio-Jack on the Motherboard, but it doesn’t work at all if I install a (Asus Xonar DG PCI Soundcard.

What I did:

Disabled the Onboard-Sound in the BIOS-Settings of the PC

In LibreELEC in "System" -> "Audio" I choose the right Soundcard for Audio Output

I set the Audio-Volume to "Max" in LibreELEC and on my Speakers.

But still no Sound, neither from the 3,5mm Audio-Jack nor from the Optical S/PDIF Port on the Soundcard.

So did I do something wrong ?

Is the Asus Xonar DG Soundcard not compatible with LibreELEC, Kodi or Linux ?

Does anyone know a Soundcard with an optical S/PDIF Port which is working with LibreELEC 12.0.0 ?

I want a Soundcard because I need an optical (or coaxial) S/PDIF Port and there is none on the Motherboard.

• Install the Multimedia Tools add-on, and run alsamixer from SSH.

And than ?

How will this help with my Problem ?

Thanks for your answer, but it didn't explain if and why there is a problem with the Asus Soundcard and how to fix it with alsamixer.

So a litte bit more explanation would be nice, I'm not Noob but neither an expert when it comes to LibreELEC.

• Thanks for the Help, but like I said before, a little more explanation would be helpful.

1.Install the Multimedia Tools add-on

I found the Add-On and installed it

2. Run "Alsamixer" from SSH

Well, how do I "activate" SSH in LibreElec ?

3. Run "amixer contents | paste" and share the URL

And how do I do all this ?

You can't simply run "Alsamixer" in LibreELEC, no you must use another Software and a Windows-PC.

As far as I know I have to install a Software named "PuTTY" on my Windows-PC to have access over SSH to the Alsamixer on my HTPC.

And then, how do I run ""amixer contents | paste" with "PuTTY" using SSH ?

How do I get an URL to post it here ?

Nothing explained, so it's "Try & Error" for me.

Why is all that so complicated ? Not everyone is a "Linux-Expert"!

I assume that there are a lot of people out there who didn't get these "Linux-Stuff" at all and simply quit, searching for a simpler solution to watch her Videos.

I assume also that the Error either lies within LibreElec or my Soundcard, because today a made a fresh Install of an old Version (9.2.6) of LibreELEC and the same thing happened, no Sound with the Asus Xonar Soundcard.

Maybe the Soundcard is not compatible with Linux, Kodi or LibreELEC, but at the Moment I didn't have another Soundcard to test it out.

• Niceguy We do support for free in our spare time. We expect that users do some research by themselves. Use our search function (magnifier icon on top) and Google. We don't waste our time on lazy users.

• From my perspective:

a) User shows up with 11-year old hardware

b) It's AMD hardware from that era when their driver support has always been a bit lacking

c) User tries the "Linux is complicated" excuse and shows no initiative

d) User hasn't provided the information requested

So, yes SSH requires an app installing because you're using a retarded OS called Windows that cannot do basic SSH without needing something installed. And here's a video on how to SSH into LE:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Provide the info requested please. It's not hard.