NAS Storage

• I seem have exceeded my knowledge of NAS storage using LE. What was straightforward using KODI on a windows machine requires a bit more work I assume being Linux based. I have a Netgear Nighthawk router with a usb share onboard and all I need is a simple way to access it from within LE as a network source. So far my attempts to add this drive (Q:) as a source have failed. I seem to be missing the proper format or ? I read the wiki and it seems I might need to modify a file or something using ssh? Any guidance appreciated.

• Most curious here as I recall using Windows SMB on my RPi3 and same router a few years ago with no issues. Now when I tried to add a source my NAS drive does not appear when I browse for new source. I had no problem with my windows Kodi install and showed up with no problems. I'm a total klutz with Linux and learning but age is my enemy. This is my X86 Legacy 11.xx system. :dodgy:

• The format in /storage/.kodi/userdata/sources.xml and /storage/.kodi/userdata/passwords.xml is simple to crib so I never bother adding sources from the GUI these days; it's much faster to do it from the SSH console using nano.

• I'm not going to spoon-feed changes. If you edit the files you can see the format. The only difference will be adding a share and it will use "smb://server/share" format instead of a local "file://path/to/share" entry. There's also this thing called Google and the Kodi wiki. Inexperience and/or age do not limit initiative.