remain off on AC recovery on Raspberry Pi 5?

• Where I live we have very frequent power outages. The way libreelec is configured, when our power goes out and then comes back on the Pi turns on. As a work-around I have set a shutdown timer, but for keeping the device off that's not ideal since I have to strike a compromise with keeping the device on without anything playing even for extended times.

So, my wish would be to set it up such that when power returns by default the Pi stays off and only with a button press will it boot.

• petediscrete But then to turn back ON when needed you will need to disable that service?

Why not you set up a small script depending on your needs of when you need your Rpi to be ON..

ex if you need your Rpi to be OFF let's say between 8:00 and 20:00 even if there was a powercut and the power came back in that time frame make an autostart script that starts with LibreElec..checks that the time is in your timeframe and turn Rpi back Off..(shutdown...power will still be ON - red light)

This will lead you to ask if you can then turn it back ON after 20:00 from same script which will not work unless adding hardware and complicating things...so there's really no reason of even switching it OFF unless this Rpi is on a remote island working on batteries..

• RPi5 is designed to power-on when power is applied. The RP1 chip might evolve programmable power-button behaviour over time (there were pre-launch rumours in that direction) but I haven't see it mentioned anywhere since. On RPi4 boards I've seen small circuits combined with the gpio-poweroff overlay to detect a switch state (on/off) and if left in the off position the board boots when power is applied (as that can't be stopped) but gpio-poweroff triggers shutdown almost immediately once firmware loads and applies the overlay.

but sometimes low-tech solutions are best: https://www.amazon.com/Raspberry-Supp…d/dp/B097P2NLVH