[RPi4] No Hulu Playback

• Hello,

I recently upgraded from LE11.0.6 to LE12 on my Rpi4. Upon doing this, I noticed that my Hulu add-on stopped working. Here is the original error log from that attempt and indeed, I can see the error below shows up which I've seen referenced in another post as the issue being with Widevine.

Code
    2024-05-02 20:43:10.215 T:9841    error <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Initialize: Initialize: Failed to load library: /storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

So then I read the Omega release announcement and saw that due to the change on Rpi4 from arm to aarch architecture when upgrading to LE12, I needed to make some changes to switch the Widevine library to get things running smoothly. So I followed those instructions (below) to remove the widevine cdn folder in order to force the add on to download the correct version.

If using Widevine to access DRM protected streaming services like Prime Video, Netflix, etc. the Widevine CDN folder in /storage/.kodi/cdm on switched devices must be deleted before first use as the existing arm libraries do not work on aarch64 systems. On first use after deletion aarch64 Widevine libraries will be downloaded and installed.

This did indeed cause the Hulu add-on to prompt me to download a new Widevine library file. Confusingly, for me, is that all of the options shown are still for arm. There isn't any option to pick an "aarch" library, which is what I expected based on the released announcement. But maybe these are interchangeable? In any case, I then chose the only available one "Linux arm64 - 4.10.266.2.3".

Then I tried again and I don't get the same widevine error as earlier. However, it's still the case that no video will play via Hulu. The screen just goes black and it never successfully loads, the screen becomes unresponsive until I finally have to force a reset. Here is the log from a recent attempt, which I grabbed via SSH.

So ultimately, I'm not sure if I'm not sure if I'm having problems related to widevine or if this is something different. Before the upgrade, I was able to play content via Hulu successfully. Let me know what other information I can provide.

Thanks,

• Your 64 bit Widevine update was successful, because this error doesn't appear on your latest log:

Code
    2024-05-02 20:57:11.847 T:13837   error <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: Initialize: Initialize: Failed to load library: /storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Now there is something wrong with the new 64 bit Widevine:

Code
    2024-05-04 14:22:14.465 T:1429    debug <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: License update successful
    2024-05-04 14:22:14.466 T:1429    debug <general>: AddOnLog: inputstream.adaptive: LogDecryptError: Decrypt failed with error: 2 and key: 3136313734353534313662363436643761353539653130663464633261613366 
  • All I done is re installed widevine cdm library from Inputstream helper addon and it just worked on rpi5...didn't delete anything..

So if you do just that and it will not work there s a very big chance that the Hulu addon needs updating and not widevine...test with ViwX addon to make sure issue in not with widevine..

First time I tried LE aarch some months ago I remember widevine didnt work for me but after contacting the dev of the addon I was using and he made some updates to make it compatable pointing to new librarys it just worked..

Edited 2 times, last by Mario77: Merged a post created by Mario77 into this post. (May 7, 2024 at 8:58 PM).

• There are several tickets in the inputstream.adaptive GitHub which point to this being a problem they are tracking/working on. It impacts multiple widevine lib versions and multiple platforms.

• Okay, thanks for the quick feedback. At least I know I'm looking in the right place. I'll keep any eye on it and hopefully an update is pushed out soon.

• You can downgrade Widevine on InputStream Helper. That did the trick for my DAZN problem (missing menu icons)

Don't think he can downgrade widevine while still using LE12...once you update to LE12 the old version won't work and needs to be updated..it's more that the addon he s using needs to be updated too.

• Don't think he can downgrade widevine while still using LE12...once you update to LE12 the old version won't work and needs to be updated..it's more that the addon he s using needs to be updated too.

Yes, it's very likely that the user has no older Widevine available on InputStream Helper. However, he/she can get an older version from other internet resources, and manually copy & paste into the CDM folder.

• Yes, it's very likely that the user has no older Widevine available on InputStream Helper. However, he/she can get an older version from other internet resources, and manually copy & paste into the CDM folder.

Yes that makes sense..

otherwise best option is test widevine with another addon that is definatly updated to work with LE12 like ViewX addon just to make sure issue is with addon or not..

• Well, I tried the Disney+ to see if another DRM plugin would work and it doesn't. Disney+ actually crashes the whole system versus just freezing: https://paste.libreelec.tv/helping-chimp.log

Then I tried to re-install widevide via InputStream Helper (instead of it being prompted thru Hulu). That didn't make any difference as Hulu still hangs in what looks like the same way. Here is that debug log: https://paste.libreelec.tv/decent-oryx.log

So I per the suggestions here, I guess I will start to investigate getting widevine from another source manually and see if that can work.