Posts by majikatsb

Juiceycow Yeah, I had continued to have the same problems with crashing every second video since the original post. It's a great cure for binge watching when you need to reboot after each video ;)

However, I've been anticipating the Omega 12.0 final release which finally just dropped today (https://libreelec.tv/2024/05/01/libreelec-nexus-12-0-0/). So I just when through the upgrade process on my machine and low and behold, the problem looks like it's been resolved!

I only upgraded about 20 minutes ago, so it's possible this won't last. But I've been fiddling around and trying a bunch of different video sources, and so far, so good with no crashing!

Okay,

Sorry about that. I enabled the debug settings and then triggered another crash. See here for the kodi.log: https://paste.kodi.tv/avenapepiw

In this case, I tried to play a video which is on my NAS. The first time, it started to play successfully so I hit stop. Then I tried it again, it froze, I waited a while and then I eventually triggered it to reboot. Because the interface was unresponsive and the pastekodi command too, I retrieved the log after rebooting from kodi.old.log.

(So it looks like the other log/configuration files normally included aren't there in this upload. I'm not sure if you need them or not. But I couldn't figure out how to trigger an upload while targeting kodi.old.log.)

Hello,

I had been using LE 11.0.1 on my Raspberry Pi 4 for quite a while now and it had been working fine for the most part. Then I recently noticed that there were newer, minor versions of LE out there, and for some reason, my system hadn't been automatically grabbing them despite having the auto-update feature enabled. So I set about manually performing the update by downloading 11.0.6 and following via the upgrade instructions given on the wiki. Everything about the upgrade itself worked successfully and there were no errors in the process.

However, since that upgrade my system has been very unstable. It's been about a week and I'm experiencing multiple crashes / freezes with each use, making the system nearly unusable. The main issue comes when attempting to play a video. On any attempt, there appears to be a 50% chance the whole system will lock up and become unresponsive, requiring a hard reboot. (In the other 50% of times, the video will play fine, but probably the next video will fail.) I have had this happen when playing a video via the Youtube add-on, the Hulu add-on and also when playing a video file from my mounted NAS drive. So it seems like it's happening really for any kind of video. I'll also note that when this happens, the system is sometimes still responsive via SSH and sometimes not. But I've taken to power cycling to reboot.

As a secondary (maybe related?) issue, the system has also suddenly crashed and rebooted itself three times this week when not performing any particular action (such as trying to play a video). This had rarely happened before on 11.0.1.

So it appears to me that something went wrong during the upgrade process that is leading to these problems. I would happily downgrade, but I can't find older, minor versions available on the website and I thought I had read that downgrading isn't really supported anyway (despite the wiki mentioning that it is). So I figured that I would reach out for support first and see if I can get this resolved without trying to go down that path.

Here is a recent crash log file. I believe this should actually contain both a lock up/freeze from attempting to play a video, and also one of the more random crashes described above: https://paste.libreelec.tv/bursting-ferret.log

Please let me know if there is any other information that I can provide or steps I could take to try and debug further.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm running LibreElec 10.0.2 on a Raspberry Pi4 and Kodi 19.4.0 Matrix and having trouble with my USB attached external DVD player. When I plug it in, the system does recognize it and say removable media has been mounted, but then I can't actually play it. All I can do is browse the DVD as if it were external storage, so I can see all of the VIDEO_TS files, etc., but I actually want to trigger *playing* it and I can't figure out how to do that.

When a DVD is inserted, there is no "Play Disc" menu option that gets added to the interface using Arctic Zephyr - Reloaded skin. (I also tried reverting to the default skin, Estuary, but still no menu option appears.) When I try enabling the automatically play DVDs in the settings and then insert a DVD, it will merely offer to bring up the file browser. I have also tried manually creating a menu item that will trigger the "PlayDisc" Kodi command and when I use that, nothing happens, not even an error message. The last thing I'll mention is that the DVD drive does work just fine on my main computer which runs Ubuntu 20.04, and where I can play DVDs without issue.

So I'm at a loss of how to proceed. The reason I am posting in LibreElec forums instead of Kodi forums is that it seems to me that the system maybe isn't recognizing the DVD player as a DVD player and therefore isn't mounting it in the right spot or registering it correctly, etc. But I really don't know, I'm a fairly new user.

I've attached my error logs here: http://ix.io/45xV . The DVD I'm trying to play is "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", you can see there are a handful of errors such as the following, which may be where the problem lays.

Code
    2022-07-24 20:25:33.867 T:1657     INFO <general>: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-2 video
    2022-07-24 20:25:34.226 T:1657    ERROR <general>: Open - error probing input format, /var/media/ITSALWAYSSUNNYINPHIL/VIDEO_TS/VTS_05_1.VOB

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,