libcec with generic pulse eight USB le 009

• hello, this has stopped working for my friend with 009, rolling back to 008 makes it work again.

I can get log later on but i checked the log while he had 009 and libcec.so.4 was loaded atleast but remote didnt work.

Edited once, last by marantz (December 6, 2016 at 9:14 PM).

• Thanks for reporting this marantz. I'm another nuc user. I see on the libcec github pages that opdenkamp has found a possible cause in libcec and is going to fix it. :)

I have a slightly different issue but I suspect the cause is the same. In my case, since upgrading to 009 cec has gone a bit wacky, e.g. switching my amp to the wrong input, assigning devices to the wrong parent - all quite weird. I was able to mitigate it to some degree by manually assigning the correct physical address but the problem tends to come back. Rolling back to 008 and all is good again.

It would be great to get the updated libcec (when it's done!) rolled into the following LE build.

• We're currently testing with LibreELEC 7.90.010, and at first my Pulse-Eight USB-CEC adapter didn't appear to be working at first. But as I have my Kodi box on HDMI-2, the TV did switch to HDMI-1 instead, because that is the default value in Kodi. After changing the Input Device settings for the CEC module to HDMI-2, CEC works. And the TV stays on HDMI-2 :)

So maybe you have the same 'problem' that you have your LibreELEC device on a HDMI port other than 1..?
    Just a thought.

• tried both ways one at the time, kodi18 build didnt help but klojums tip did fix it, thanks for that. Hope libcec fixes the detection though as this is not so plug n play :)

Edited once, last by marantz (December 19, 2016 at 5:02 PM).

• tried both ways one at the time, kodi18 build didnt help but klojums tip did fix it, thanks for that. Hope libcec fixes the detection though as this is not so plug n play :)

Same problem on my system after upgrading from 008 to 010.
    When LE initiates CEC TV switches to wrong HMDI input. (Input 1 instead of input3) After manually change the HDMI port in CEC settings it works again however I do not like this way. It worked fine before with automatically finding the right input. The need of manual setting is a huge degradation.

• I have another system where Kodi connected to TV via Amp. In this setup the CEC is completely inoperable regardles the manual port settings. Very bad...