Can no upgrade LE 8.2.3.1 to major version 11.0.6

• I have generic mediabox "H96-II", processor Amlogic S905.arm, 2GB RAM, with LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 installed on SD card.

Device tree name: gxl_p212_2g

I tried manually upgrade system to major version LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.6-box.img.gz - placed above build into the /storage/.update directory, rebooted: system , unpacking image, printing some update tasks, etc - but finally I got same LE version 8.2.3.1, nothing was updated.

Is that the right LE version for my box?

• Yes, I read this already. What's not fully clear is how to deal with device-tree file: does creation of new image on the old SD card will wipe out the device-tree file from previous install or preserve it? Should I just write image or also need add the device tree?

• If you reuse the SD card you will permanently overwrite the current/working install so I would recommend using a different SD card for AMLGX experiments. Then set the dtb name to use in uEnv.ini .. as per the wiki instructions.

If the device worked with the p212 dtb before (means the box is GXL/S905X) use the meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtb file. If you use the p212 dtb file from the old LE image or gxbb/s905 dtb files from AMLGX image the box is not going to boot.

• Thank you. The installation was without any problem. Please advice, what YouTube video setting it would be wise to choose from the proposed? There are a lot, FHD/60ps, etc..

• Opps, I found that the remote does not work with Kodi after installation. Only mouse works, but that’s not convenient. The remote not even listed in 'input' options. The screen resolution seems don't match the TV screen precisely: the Kodi intertface menu text partly goes beyond the boundaries of TV screen. Also, tempereture in 'System' menu shown in °F, not °C. Possibly I've set wrong device-tree file?

• Looks like the Vdeos & Display settings is most difficult to adjust. I don't know what buffering settings use Amlogic S905X tv box, double buffering or triple buffering.

In general, it looks like the Libreelec 11.0.6 loads definitely slower compared to 8.2.3.1. Also, before the LE logo should be shown, first a bronze color circle (video artefact?) is shown for a split second, and only after it the LE logo appears.

Every time the system boots, the famous info message "Pulse-Eight CEC adapter. Connected:TV" appears at top right, which is a bit annoying. I didn't find in Wiki how to get rid of it.

• Disable CEC in Kodi drivers if not needed, then the toaster message doesn't show. Read the wiki section on calibration. No need to touch buffering settings. And Kodi Omega has a splash image that's designed to look glitchy. Not the greatest design idea. If AMLGX works for you, that's nice. If it doesn't, /shrug

• It's not possible to fully answer the Q without a Kodi debug log to look at, but I'd guess this is an interlaced resolution and since Kodi only outputs progressive, it (and other interlaced modes) is/are automatically excluded from the output options.

• Log file ~11Mb, so I splitted into 2Mb chunks, first 3 and the last segment.

last

Supported display resolutions from TV manual:

| Computer formats (PC) |              |
    |-----------------------|--------------|
    | Resolution            | Refresh rate |
    | 640 x 480             | 60Hz         |
    | 800 x 600             | 56Hz         |
    | 800 x 600             | 60Hz         |
    | 1024 x 768            | 60Hz         |
    | 1280 x 720            | 60Hz         |
    | 1280 x 768            | 60Hz         |
    | 1360 x 768            | 60Hz         |
    | 1280 x 1024           | 60Hz         |

+---------------+------------------+
    | Video formats |                  |
    | Resolution    | Refresh rate     |
    | 480i          | 60Hz             |
    | 480p          | 60Hz             |
    | 576i          | 50Hz             |
    | 576p          | 50Hz             |
    | 720p          | 50Hz, 60Hz       |
    | 1080i         | 50Hz, 60Hz       |
    | 1080p         | (HDMI only)      |
    |               | 50Hz, 60Hz, 24Hz |

Edited once, last by mediatex (April 15, 2024 at 12:54 AM).