No HEVC video with latest le12 nightly on RPi5

• Could be just me since I haven't seen any similar posts but something changed between the 31st March and the 1st April nightly - i.e. with 31st March le12 nightly I have video + audio but with 1st April nightly it is only audio (my Samsung tv reports mode/resolution not supported).

From what I have observed it is only happening with HEVC videos (720p/1080p/2160p) - by turning off DRM Prime fixes the problem and the video is shown along with audio.

As I said it could be something in my settings but I don't recall changing anything that would have this effect and simply reverting back to the previous nightly build fixes the issue then I believe that it may be more widespread.

• I'm not seeing a 1st April nightly here: https://test.libreelec.tv/12.0/RPi/RPi5/

I do see 3rd April had an unwanted kodi bump that was bumped back on 4th April.

Does 4th April nightly also have the issue?

This is the 1st April nightly I'm referring to:

LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240401-726b493.img.gz

I'll try the latest (LibreELEC-RPi5.aarch64-12.0-nightly-20240405-b5ce01c.img.gz) when I have a bit more time.

Thanks for responding.

• Okay so that matches:

2024-03-31 (726b493): #8780 kodi-binary-addons: update to latest version

which I believe you are reporting as broken, and the previous build you are reporting as working:

2024-03-30 (ae242cb): #8778 linux (Dragonboard): drop EXT2_FS to match other targets

It looks like there was only one commit between those two builds: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/8780

and that only affects binary addons. Is your issue with local files, or using an addon?

• This might not help you, but if you have still trouble, on the current nightly (b5ce01c) the hevc files I have tried (some uhd hdr promo movies) run fine.... the hevc decoder which is used seems to be even using a hardware decoding. (at least the info says so).

What I remember right now, on the pi4 I had the same with certain files, but I think that was more as the persons who made that used some uncommon formats like hevc 8bit or so which made problems with hw decoding.

Dont think I have those files still here, otherwise I would check if those still would make trouble

• So sorry about this - in order to prove to myself that I wasn't being crazy I reloaded the 726b493 build. Turns out that I must be!

All my HEVC files (they are all local by way of a new 4tb nvme drive - love the new Pi5 having this feature) now play flawlessly.

Only thing I didn't try when it wasn't working yesterday was the old IT Crowd catch phrase "Have you tried turning it off and on again".

Once again, sorry to have wasted your time.

This might not help you, but if you have still trouble, on the current nightly (b5ce01c) the hevc files I have tried (some uhd hdr promo movies) run fine.... the hevc decoder which is used seems to be even using a hardware decoding. (at least the info says so).

What I remember right now, on the pi4 I had the same with certain files, but I think that was more as the persons who made that used some uncommon formats like hevc 8bit or so which made problems with hw decoding.

Dont think I have those files still here, otherwise I would check if those still would make trouble

All working now - it was just a simple PBKAC.