HTS-client for intel on LE11/12 cannot play uhd streams using HEVC VAAPI

• I have access to UHD streams on ASTRA/HotBird Satellites via a TVHeadend server.

Using the the Hts client I can play all streams except UHD (they do seem to be HLG, but not sure) on my Intel Kodi machine.

I can play the channels on Rpi 4 clients.

I can play a recording of these streams in both Intel and rpi clients, so its not the player that has an issue with the content. Playing back the recording uses HW decoding.

Any idea what's wrong with the Intel hts-client? Sometimes it works if I turn off Hevc VAAPI and/or, when I tell the client to use http streaming.

Thx

Edited once, last by yamcenutzer: To admins: just noticed there is explicit pvr-dvb section. Maybe move this request to over there? Thx again (January 28, 2024 at 11:48 PM).

• btw._ I tried asking about this on the pvr-hts github But they just closed the issue, because it was asked before and noone could resolve it.

It really seems that intel is gradually losing its OSS base. What a pity.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Nothing specifically enlightening although I note there's an intitial check for some weird 11.989fps that vaguely divides into 59.94, then it detects 50fps but continues to use 59.94, and then there are acc/hevc decode errors. No idea if there's any relation between them. To me it looks like the HEVC format passed to the hardware decoder fails.

• Hello,

has anybody the same problem and an hint, how this can be fixed?

I have also the same topic. I work normaly with NUC7i3BN as Libreelec client. Now I have make my first tests with NUC10I3FNB. In both hardwaresetups and with both Softwaresetups (legacy and Generic): I can play HEVC 4K from Disk, but not a HTS stream from TV headend.

I'm 100% shure that this was perfect running in the past, on the NUC7i3 but now I find out, that this makes a problem, but I have no idea since when this not running (we watch UHD only in special cases).

• don't hold your breath. There are hardly any uhd programs anyway and Intel HW is too complicated to be dealt with as a hobby and/or part-time project. LE is mainly raspi focussed.