Gratitude Post, and some minor questions

• Thanks to the developers for this OS! I've been using OE/LE since 2011, and now can finally say I have an endgame system for my family's use case.
    83" OLED with HDR, 5.1.4 in-wall/ceiling surround sound, dual DIY subwoofers, all controlled with a simple RF (OSMC) remote through CEC (Pulse-Eight Adapter).

So I did have a few minor issues I still wanted to tackle.

1. For my OSMC remote, on the homepage I have the home button activate the shutdown menu. Is there a way to have this always focus on the "Suspend" option? I tried ActivateWindowAndFocus(shutdownmenu,9000,2,9000,0) but it is not working as expected. I tried reading through the Estuary Skin DialogButtons.xml, but can't figure out which IDs I need where.

2. When my LE system suspends it usually shuts down my Receiver and TV using CEC, but maybe half the time it doesn't. And I think those times, when I wake the system it send the CEC command then. So I am thinking there is a race condition, sometimes LE suspends itself before the CEC adapter can send out the command. Adding a 'sleep 3' to a sleep.d script fixes this issue, but maybe there is a more elegant solution to this problem?
    I could do a while loop in the sleep.d script, or maybe LE or Kodi can change suspend logic to wait until CEC jobs are completed?

• Doc Emmet Brown's reaction comes to mind.....1.21 gigawatts??

83" TV? That's one big a** TV and sound system to boot!

Jo wins bragging rights for 2024 [so far.]

8|

• I had difficulty with getting ActivateWindowAndFocus to work and with deciphering the ids when I was trying to simplify a few steps. I cheated instead by binding a python script to a key that basically brought up the window dialog I needed and manually moved the selection down.

I described and documented it over here. Not elegant, but maybe you can use ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu) plus an Action(Down) or two?

If you don't need the option to select alternate options from the ShutdownMenu maybe you could directly map the button to the Suspend System built-in command.

Good luck.