OK Button not working on new remote

• I have a weird issue with the OK button not working on my new G60S remote. Some history... I have a cheap mx3 remote from aliexpress but after a few recent add-on updates a few weeks ago from the official kodi repo, the OK button on that stopped working. I plugged in a regular usb mouse and reset the input settings and the air mouse function which brought the OK button back to life on the mx3. I cannot remember which add-ons got updated though. I normally have the mouse function turned off so no air mouse. Just navigation and the OK button with a querty keyboard on the back. This seems to be working now.

However I have just bought a new better quality remote G60Pro from aliexpress and again the OK button does nothing. All the other buttons work fine and the enter key on the back of the remote which has a keyboard does what the OK button should do. According to the manual of the new remote, the OK button sends the same function as the Enter key on the keyboard. Doing the reset to default of the input settings does not fix it and on this remote, the OK button only works when the air mouse is enabled. I have also tried a clean install of 11.03 and 11.05.

Has anyone else had any issues with the OK button not working on some remotes if the air mouse is disabled.

• First thing I tried was the keymap editor but I still could not get it to respond to the OK button and map it to the Enter key. I will try again when I have a bit more time and hook up a regular mouse to give me mouse control as I am wrestling with the remote and the air mouse function.

• First thing I tried was the keymap editor but I still could not get it to respond to the OK button and map it to the Enter key. I will try again when I have a bit more time and hook up a regular mouse to give me mouse control as I am wrestling with the remote and the air mouse function.

Here

patric
    November 9, 2022 at 11:28 PM

and here is how you do it post #9

Edited once, last by Mario77 (January 16, 2024 at 9:19 PM).

• That looks complicated. Maybe I'll just stick to the cheap remote for now. Reading that thread it says kodi does not recognise the OK key and expects the enter key. That would seem like an odd omission in kodi not to responding to the OK key on a remote, rather than just treat it as the enter key by default.

The OK button works if I turn on the Air Mouse Function via a button on said remote, and stops when I turn Air mouse off via the same button. Therefore I am not fully convinced the remote is actually sending anything when I turn the Air Mouse off which would explain why I could not get the keymap editor to remap it.

Can anyone recommend a high quality 2.4G remote with dongle, with a keyboard on the rear ?

• That looks complicated. Maybe I'll just stick to the cheap remote for now. Reading that thread it says kodi does not recognise the OK key and expects the enter key. That would seem like an odd omission in kodi not to responding to the OK key on a remote, rather than just treat it as the enter key by default.

The OK button works if I turn on the Air Mouse Function via a button on said remote, and stops when I turn Air mouse off via the same button. Therefore I am not fully convinced the remote is actually sending anything when I turn the Air Mouse off which would explain why I could not get the keymap editor to remap it.

Can anyone recommend a high quality 2.4G remote with dongle, with a keyboard on the rear ?

All you need to do is in post #9..shouldn't take more then 15 minutes...you have a good explanation there..