LE 11.0.4 power off (suspend) problem - 2 different NUCs

• On my system the solution in post 2 doesn't work for me.

I have x86 hardware and mce remote and i have to use this to make it work like it used to be:

Code
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml
    <keymap>
     <global>
       <remote>
         <power>ShutDown()</power>
       </remote>
     </global>
    </keymap>

@devs

Or can you add a setting in config where you can set the behavior of the power options like it used to be? That setting is still there but it is now used for shutdown timer while it used to be to choose the default action of the power button.

I understand why you made this change but many users are used to how it works before this change

• A bit of an odd change, not sure why you would want to show the menu when you press the power button to power Kodi off or suspend it, when there is already several other ways to do the same thing, such as Power Menu, System and press the down button to show Power options (could be the skin with these settings : Aeon Nox: Silvo).

This is the way I fixed it, so when I press the power button on the remote, Kodi powered off, just like it did in 11.0.3.

Create a new file "remote.xml", I did have "keyboard.xml" which worked perfectly well before 11.0.4, and add this code,

Code
    <keymap>
        <global>
            <remote>
                <power>shutdown</power>
            </remote>
        </global>
    </keymap>
  • A bit of an odd change, not sure why you would want to show the menu when you press the power button to power Kodi off or suspend it, when there is already several other ways to do the same thing, such as Power Menu, System and press the down button to show Power options (could be the skin with these settings : Aeon Nox: Silvo).

Yes - Hitting the powerbutton means poweroff - same as hitting the powerbutton on nuc directly.

• <keymap><global><keyboard><key id="196">shutdown</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

I spent days trying to figure out why my NUCs refused to power off with the Harmony remotes after upgrading to Nexus, I went through setting after setting on the NUCs, the BIOS ... made no sense that they'd power off under Leia and Matrix but not Nexus.

Glad I finally dug through here and found this thread. I created two files in the keymaps folder, keymaps.xml and remote.xml with this mapping and all NUCs are behaving as expected, at last!

Thank you LibreElec community.

• This change was made in LE12: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/8161 and backported to LE11 in https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/8180 before LE 11.0.4 was tagged/shipped.

According to the patch/change, using "Shutdown()" as the mapped button command should restore the previous behaviour.

Thanks for this thread and these informations

With my NUC6CAYH and a Harmony remote control, I was encountering the exact same problem.

However, I'm encountering it also with 11.0.5

So, should I assume that the current behaviour will stay? And the Keymap files will be needed for all future versions?

Or is there some hope that the old default will be available again?