LE 11.0.4 power off (suspend) problem - 2 different NUCs

• I was previously using 11.0.3 on these 2 older NUCs. After updating to 11.0.4 today, both NUCs fail to power off (suspend) properly. The shut-down menu comes up instead of going into SUSPEND. I rolled back to 11.0.3 and they are both back to normal.

I tried both 11.0.4 Generic and Generic-Legacy

NUC8i5BEK

DC53427HYE

• Go to Best Answer
  • To shutdown instantly instead, create this /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml:

Code

Code
    <keymap>
        <global>
            <keyboard>
                <power>shutdown</power>
            </keyboard>
        </global>
    </keymap>
  • I have both NUCs set to use SUSPEND when the power button on my remote is pressed. Before I go to the trouble of creating that file, why would anyone be required to make that change? I don't see the point.

Edited once, last by blueribb (December 24, 2023 at 12:13 AM).

• I see. Post #2 should work for you. I'm using that XML on RPi.

PS: Before you can try this: Change from "Suspend" to something else, reboot, and go back to "Suspend". Maybe it's just a config mismatch, and LE 11.0.4 now uses a different key for "Suspend".

• I will attempt to restate my problem.

With 11.0.3 and all previous versions - when I pressed the remote control's power button (set to SUSPEND in LE as stated above), my Intel NUCs would enter the SUSPEND mode.

With 11.0.4 - both NUCs display the "power menu" instead of entering SUSPEND when I press my remote's power button.

Clearly, something was changed in 11.0.4 causing this issue. It can't just be me.

Edited once, last by blueribb (December 24, 2023 at 4:06 AM).

• Change from "Suspend" to something else, reboot, and go back to "Suspend". Maybe it's just a config mismatch, and LE 11.0.4 now uses a different key for "Suspend".

Sometimes new config options change the "key values" of a setting menu. That's why I suggest the above.

Another approach is to delete the cache: rm -rf /storage/.cache

• I reinstalled 11.0.4 and tried the suggestion in post #2 and it did not work.

Pressing my remote's power button still brings up the power saving menu (shown below)

- Power off system

- Custom shutdown timer

- Suspend

- Reboot

Without the file in post #2, when I pressed the power button on my remote, the power saving menu comes up with "Custom shutdown timer" selected. With the file installed, the same happens with "Power off system" selected. I don't want this menu to appear at all. It should just go directly to SUSPEND like it always did with previous LE versions.

Any other suggestions?

Edited 2 times, last by blueribb (December 24, 2023 at 4:07 AM).

• I had the same "problem" or better behavior.
    I solved it using the keymap editor to edit "Global -> System -> Shutdown" (I hope SHUTDOWN is the right translation for german AUSSCHALTEN).
    Now by pressing the PowerOff Button on my harmony-remote the NUC is powering off in the "old way".

• This change was made in LE12: https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/8161 and backported to LE11 in https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/8180 before LE 11.0.4 was tagged/shipped.

According to the patch/change, using "Shutdown()" as the mapped button command should restore the previous behaviour.

Do I have to play with the Keymap Editor (ugh), or is there another (easier) way to fix this? Can I modify the file in post #2 to fix it?

• It is not difficult to use the keymap editor

- Find Global - System - shutdown

- press Edit and press button on remote

Result here:

a gen.xml in ..../userdata/keymaps

Code
    <keymap><global><keyboard><key id="196">shutdown</key></keyboard></global></keymap>