Can only scrape 114 movies at a time...

• Distribution Version: 7.0.02 (Jarvis)
    Architecture: RPi2.arm
    Hardware: RPi3 / 32GB SD / Ethernet
    Plugin: The Movie Database (3.9.2)

Hey guys,

I just switched from OpenELEC to LibreELEC and so far I'm really liking it. I have ran into one pretty annoying problem however with scraping movies... I can only scrape about 114 movies at a time. The scrape just sort of ends without incident. If I move the scraped movies to another directory and select "Update Library" the scraper will proceed for another 114'ish movies and end again, seemingly without incident. I have to perform this process over and over again until my entire library is built and then move all the movies back to the original directory and everything works as it should.

KODI.log does show the following error repeating over and over during the scrape but nothing that would explain why it stops at exactly 114 movies ...

20:40:09 118.471123 T:1656992672 NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
    20:40:11 120.321381 T:1769993120 WARNING: COMXImageFile::GetCodingType progressive images not supported by decoder
    20:40:11 120.455040 T:1769993120 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
    20:40:11 120.455132 T:1769993120 NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load original<removed>.jpg

The only thing I can think of is that i'm exceeding an API limit due to the errors. I'm probably totally wrong though.

Anyone had a similar experience or knows what gives?

Thanks!

Edited once, last by _scott (December 4, 2016 at 3:14 AM).

• While it shouldn't be a problem scraping videos with Kodi 16 (Jarvis), you may want to try its successor Kodi 17 (Krypton). There will go very little development into Jarvis any more, because all our forward focus is on Krypton. Besides, it's not easy judging what went wrong from a log file of 4 lines... (perhaps TheMovieDB had an issue?).

Anyway, try to upgrade to the latest LibreELEC 7.90.008 build, and see if things work out better.

• While it shouldn't be a problem scraping videos with Kodi 16 (Jarvis), you may want to try its successor Kodi 17 (Krypton). There will go very little development into Jarvis any more, because all our forward focus is on Krypton. Besides, it's not easy judging what went wrong from a log file of 4 lines... (perhaps TheMovieDB had an issue?).

Anyway, try to upgrade to the latest LibreELEC 7.90.008 build, and see if things work out better.

Thanks for the reply. Based on your advice I'm downloading the manual update for LibreELEC 7.90.008 right now. I see that it's in ALPHA. Given the distinction, would you consider it fairly stable? My only concern is that it'll bug out when I'm not home (happy wife = happy life).

Again Thanks!

Edited once, last by _scott (December 4, 2016 at 4:38 AM).

• The LibreELEC build may still be Alpha, but the Kodi application is in its 5-6th beta and coming close to final. So yes, with 'normal' operations and keeping shady addons aside, it should already be a pretty stable package.

That highly depends on the usecase. But the normal usage (watching locally stored movie, using TVHeadend for LiveTV and so on) I would say it's absolutely stable.

Thanks guys. I started updating my clients and it's been smooth sailing. I only run video over my local network and stream live OTA with an HDHR via NextPVR so I fall well within "normal" usage.

Thanks!

• Hey All -

I just wanted to update this thread with the solution (that worked for me) in case anyone else has a similar problem.

It turns out that the version of Samba that LibreElec uses isn't compatible with ReFS which is what I use on my Windows Server 2000 r2 drive array. Apparently it falls back to interpreting it as a FAT partition. The actual limitation isn't files either it's folders. The current solution for this problem (at least for me) is either wait it out for LibreElec to update the version of Samba it uses or migrate my data, re-format my array to NTFS and move all my data back (which is what I am in the process of doing).

Anyhow hopefully this will be helpful to someone in the future.

As an aside; does anyone know if it's possible to upgrade Samba in LibreElec without breaking everything?