pvr server on same device?

• Apologies if this is a stupid question, I am new to this! I have successfully created a libreelectric installation, but I am assuming I need a pvr server as well, can I install one on the same device as libreelectric, if so how do I do this? I was thinking of tvheadend

Thanks in advance

• I’d recommend TVHeadend. It’s a simple installation of two addons, the first being the server and the other being the client.

You’ll find the server addon and the client addon in the LibreELEC repository >Services>TVHeadend Server 4.3(Alpha) and the client on >PVR clients>TVHeadend HTSP Client.

Once the server addon is installed you can configure it remotely with the aid of the TVH Wizard. Very simple indeed.

• Many thanks I thought the installation only had the tvheadend client, all fine now. I think the setup wiki could be more extensive, it doesnt go beyond the basic installation of libreelectric

• Anyone can contribute documentation to our wiki .. markdown isn't hard to learn.

Tvheadend will also be getting a new website/forum soon and then one of the 'elephants in the room' is for them to sort out the multiple (but all outdated) sets of documentation they have.