Fixing SSD on PC after update

• Hi all,

I have a Zotac Zbox BI323 I have used for many years. I recently decided to update to the latest LibreElec using the update tool in the LibreElec tools. When it did, it rebooted and it will only display: failed to read blocks 0x7.

I can't get into any settings from the boot screen. I tried 2 different keyboards. I've also tried connecting the ssd to my windows laptop to wipe the drive and start over. It won't let me wipe the LibreElec portion.

I tried downloading the new installer and writing to a USB, but the pc doesn't want to boot from usb it appears.

Before I get too far down the wrong path with this, I figured I'd check here if there is an easy fix to this. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• No LE problem. The SSD seems to have dead memory blocks. It's possible to format a drive by leaving such blocks out. So you can avoid to buy a new one. Create a GParted Live thumb drive, and boot it on your Zotac or Windows laptop (SSD attached). That tool can repair your SSD. Read on other sites for details - again: no LE problem.

• FancyLad

It could be as Da Flex says and your SSD is borked but if you tried wipe simply be reformatting it won't work. The SSD (well mine anyway) will be split into two partitions - a small one FAT32 and a larger one EXT4. Windows simply will not acknowledge the EXT4 partition you need to zap both using Disk Manager (I use MiniTools Partition Wizard) and create one large partition covering the entire SSD. Then you can format and install LibreElec.

Even without doing that you should be able to do a clean install using balenaEtcher