Screensaver only dimming during video playback on Rock64 & Raspberry Pi 4.

• I have a rock64 running the Latest Stable Version (2023.07).

I am using an official rom from here: https://libreelec.tv/downloads/rockchip/.

Please let me know if there is additional information that needs to be provided.

When the system is left at the GUI, the screen saver will start and CEC will turn off my TV as expected.

If I have a video paused the system dims the screen, and the tv does not turn off.

I have verified that the dim option (System->Interface->Screensaver->Use dim if paused during video playback) is unchecked.

I tried using the reset to default button, but there was no change.

I went ahead and made a fresh install with only my database settings pulled across, and there was no change.

Despite the Use Dim option disabled, it still dims when a video is paused.

I tried Asteroids and Picture Slideshow Screensaver as well, just in case it was a glitch in one screensaver.

Here are the logs from the latest attempt in case that helps at all.

http://ix.io/4F4L

The video is playing at 2023-09-01 04:48:15.313 T:1060, but the only thing of note I see near that is

2023-09-01 04:48:25.784 T:1246 warning <general>: OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer.

Is there a known bug, or can anyone suggest a work around to get the screensaver to work while I have paused a video?

• ilmich

Thanks for the response.

I saw that bug listed when I was trying to troubleshoot the issue, but two things made me dismiss it as the source of the issue.

1. It's from 2019.

2. It shows a resolution:fixed Sept 2019.

I just got a RP4 and grabbed the latest release.

I can reproduce the issue with the screen saver on the RP4 too, so I do not think it is a hardware specific issue.

Is there anything else I can do to help test/fix this? My coding knowledge is limited, but I am halfway decent at the CLI.

I downloaded the latest nightlies 11 and 12.

The issue is still present.

Edited 2 times, last by wizardknight (September 16, 2023 at 2:11 AM).