Tvh timeshift on rpi3?

• Hi to all,

is it possible to use TVH-server and client on a Rpi3 and to have timeshift?
    So only way I got it working is with timeshifting in RAM only, but it is is a Pi... ;)
    With any other path to a timeshift-file timeshift doesn't work.

Thanks in advance
    Illuminator

• Time shift at the RPi is a bit dangerous, you can set it to /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/cache/timeshift
    Everything besides Tvh 4.1 (4.2) is useless to use btw, Kodi 17 (LE Alpha 7.90.xxx) is also necessary to have a working timeshift.

BUT pls remember, timeshift could easily kill your SD card in the RPi due the huge amount of data that gets written to the card.

• i want to use timeshift on the Odroid C2 as well.
    of course i dont want to write timeshift-buffer to SD/EMMC - i would use external HDD.
    but when i activate timeshift, it gets disabled automatically - is there a version of tvheadend with working timeshift?

• i cant see any output when enabling Timeshift but anyway here the is the log:

Edited once, last by andy5macht (December 13, 2016 at 2:23 PM).

• Hi,
    the current state:
    Timeshift works well on rpi3.

My problem was the webinterface of thv-server. The timeshift settings can be made in the interface but the settings are not (completely) saved in the config file. So I changed the settings in the config file directly and everything works like expected.
    As far as I remember, you can find the config file in userdata/addon_data/tvhserver(?)/timeshift(?)/setting.xml
    Maybe someone can write down the path exactly, I can't look for it in the moment.

So it seems to be a problem with the webinterface of tvh-server inside libreelec....
    Maybe it's the same with an ondroid?

Edited once, last by Illuminator (December 13, 2016 at 12:31 PM).

• As far as I remember, you can find the config file in userdata/addon_data/tvhserver(?)/timeshift(?)/setting.xml

this is the path but you should only edit this if tvh has stopped
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/timeshift/config

i cant see any output when anabling Timeshift but anyway here the is the log:

could you tell me what path you have choosen for the timeshift ?

[  ERROR] dvr: unable to stat file '/var/media/1TB_USB/TV-Record/....ts' looks like it can't find your extern hdd

• these are old (test) recordings which were on an HDD that is not connected anymore.

timeshift path is:
    /var/media/250GB_USB/TV-Record/Timeshift

BTW: i am using the latest "official" LibreELEC 7.90 alpha 009

Edited once, last by andy5macht (December 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM).

• Code
    LibreELEC:~ # cat dmest > /var/media/250GB_USB/TV-Record/Timeshift
    -sh: can't create /var/media/250GB_USB/TV-Record/Timeshift: Is a directory

this is how i looks, when i activate timeshift: (checkbox gets unchecked and settings disappear)

it stays disabled...but if i edit config file for timeshift manually it works!!!

now this is my working config (manually edited to enabled=true)
    /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/timeshift/config:

Edited once, last by andy5macht (December 13, 2016 at 6:21 PM).

• this is how i looks if i pause an SD channel for a few minutes...after channel switch they disappear (deleted) - so timeshift works as far as i see. isnt this working as it should?? pause and resume works so i dont know. but i will try with *.ts ending later today. (at first i will enjoy working timeshift - TV without commercials :P )

Edited once, last by andy5macht (December 13, 2016 at 6:56 PM).

• hello!
    do you have time to post a step by step guide on that? there are so many users coming up with the same question and there is nothing on our Forum...
    if not, could you please tell at least the configuration you are using (rpi3... frontend, back end.. PVR.. etc.)

thanks in advance!
    Marco

Inviato dal mio SM-N910F utilizzando Tapatalk