Clean Install wifi issue

• I figured out maybe connect with cat5 to router is my only way. Viola!

http://ix.io/4F3b

Ok. Problem is here. There have been lots of changes in the rtw88 driver into kernel 6.4. So would suggest you try the Generic LE12 nightly.

• Thanks again for your efforts. I'm a bit lost on where to find and download the nightly 12.0 package.

I figured it out. Will give this a go today and once again thank you.

Edited once, last by Reddirt: Cause I'm old! (September 1, 2023 at 5:14 PM).

• Thanks for the tip. I was having trouble navigating the way to the right build. Finally managed to try the 08 31 build on the Lenovo. Good news is wifi is functional but I had problems with everything I tried. Confluence skin when I clicked on LE settings it hung up and reverted to original skin. I couldn't enter the location for the weather either. Video for this version using Confluence was interesting too. Move the mouse and static on the screen. I know it's work in progress so I will to hold off and use the Windows version (yuk) till this gets sorted out.

• Thanks for the tip. I was having trouble navigating the way to the right build. Finally managed to try the 08 31 build on the Lenovo. Good news is wifi is functional but I had problems with everything I tried. Confluence skin when I clicked on LE settings it hung up and reverted to original skin. I couldn't enter the location for the weather either. Video for this version using Confluence was interesting too. Move the mouse and static on the screen. I know it's work in progress so I will to hold off and use the Windows version (yuk) till this gets sorted out.

Most of the problems you are experiencing are not unique to you and most likely have been experienced by others who have been provided with a solution here.

Directly in Google search enter the word LibreElec followed by your problem and you’ll nearly be guaranteed to find an answer.

I’d usually recommend doing a fresh install when things are getting messy with addons.

Decide on what you want on your system before you do the install rather than throwing the kitchen sink at LE in the hope it might work.

Don’t quit and walk away hoping someone else will solve the issue for you. Users have an important part to play by providing feedback to developers. This way everyone wins as we are all contributing to the project.

• I decided to try one more thing and used the 8-31 12.0 legacy build and all is right with LE on the Lenovo. Wifi working as expected, no skin issues and no video issues. Weather service working. Took me awhile to get here but well worth the effort. I expanded my knowledge of the system a bit and gained a new appreciation for all the folks at LE. You guys rock and thanks!