WeTek Play 2 storage resize failed

• The vendor u-boot code "works" but is horrible. Upstream u-boot also "works" and is cleaner to work with for packaging. Your Hub has a hardware problem. If you fix that (in hardware) the upstream u-boot works fine.

Define "hardware problem" and elucidate upon "If you fix that (in hardware) the upstream u-boot works fine."

• Define "hardware problem" and elucidate upon "If you fix that (in hardware) the upstream u-boot works fine."

I've been watching this thread for a long time. You created a hardware problem yourself by removing the emmc module by heating the emmc socket. In reality it is enough to use the test point to completely isolate the emmc from the boot sequence code of the BL1 (ROM). Now for the fact - as long as you have this error (..CHK:F3..) (whether it's emmc, nand or sd boot) it means - the data that was burned to the particular block device is corrupt, miswritten, or there is a problem in the block device itself , in your case sd card.

GXBB:BL1:08dafd:0a8993;FEAT:EDFD718C;POC:3;RCY:0;EMMC:800;NAND:81;SD:0;READ:0;CHK:F3;USB:8;LOOP:1

• The hardware problem on my board was dry solder joints on the UART pins causing noise. I resoldered the pins and I have no boot issues with upstream u-boot. Someone else forced a UART line to positive or something? (forget what, but it's commented somewhere) and that solved their problem. WeTek did a reasonable job of design and an above average (for 2015/16 standards) job of supporting devices; but ultimately they're just another Amlogic board manufactured by a Chinese ODM manufacturer (Videostrong is on the schematics). We're now 7-8 years on from the manufacturing date and some boards are showing some age related issues, which is also not unusual.

• NB: If you install the board image you are overwriting vendor u-boot with vanilla upstream u-boot; which a) has no "hold the power key to switch OS" mode, and b) there is now a single OS installed so nothing to switch between anyway. If you want that functionality you need to use the "box" image and configure it for the WP2 (or Hub, as appropriate) so that you retain vendor u-boot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tw6bg3kipc8t…wp2.img.gz?dl=0 <= dd backup of the WP2 factory image

You happen to have a dd backup of the Wetek Hub factory image?