digibit twin tvheadend setup

• i completely reseted my tvheadend installation and did a fresh scan, it seems now I have all astra 19,2 channels.

haven’t heard back from the landlord, the firm that did the satellite installation seems out of business.

The twin did disappear 2 times, i gave it a fixed IP adress, hope that helps.

thanks for your support on settings this up.

• i completely reseted my tvheadend installation and did a fresh scan, it seems now I have all astra 19,2 channels.

haven’t heard back from the landlord, the firm that did the satellite installation seems out of business.

The twin did disappear 2 times, i gave it a fixed IP adress, hope that helps.

thanks for your support on settings this up.

That’s good news. For the price of the R1 you could have three Twins with money to spare and as you can see once set up correctly it’s perfect. I reckon your config files corrupted somehow.

If you can manage to get a second feed into the Twin you’ll see the benefits of it. Hopefully you landlord can show you the dish setup. You could easily run a cable from it directly as a second feed.

Glad it’s working now.

• mmmh, now thte third time the twin is gone, kodi complains no free adapter ist there, in the backend the devices are gone.

Rebooting the twin twice helped, is this a twin problem? I gave it a fixed adress in hope that would help.

can I change the IP Adress without risking that tvheadend doesnt find it anymore?

• mmmh, now thte third time the twin is gone, kodi complains no free adapter ist there, in the backend the devices are gone.

Rebooting the twin twice helped, is this a twin problem? I gave it a fixed adress in hope that would help.

can I change the IP Adress without risking that tvheadend doesnt find it anymore?

Is this a wired or wireless setup. Sounds like you’re loosing connection to the Twin on the LAN. My system is wired and I’ve no issues connecting to the Twin

• wire too.

I tried the twin directly on the internet router, same things, after some hours i cant ping the twin.

right now the LAN connection is working, but i cant watch any channel, it just hangs there.

could my twin be broken?

• wire too.

I tried the twin directly on the internet router, same things, after some hours i cant ping the twin.

right now the LAN connection is working, but i cant watch any channel, it just hangs there.

could my twin be broken?

That does sound strange alright. I assume you can access the Twin remotely and have checked all the settings on it. Have you any other device you could use to watch TV on other than the RPI just to test that the problem is not the Twin but actually the RPI. Do you have a PC possibly you could use.

• I got an new one from Telestar and it works perfectly, online for 2 days straight.

It is a new revision and i have the feeling switching channels is faster.

• it has a new chipset and says rev3 on the box, I only noticed because I tried to update the firmware and it didn’t work, my firmware is 0.x and from February.

• it has a new chipset and says rev3 on the box, I only noticed because I tried to update the firmware and it didn’t work, my firmware is 0.x and from February.

Physically does it look the same. Where exactly did you purchase it from. This seems interesting.

• looks more or less the same, i bought the first one at amazon, but did the exchange directly with telestar, they sent me the new device after i sent them the old one.

• looks more or less the same, i bought the first one at amazon, but did the exchange directly with telestar, they sent me the new device after i sent them the old one.

It’s getting more bizarre. Telestar make no mention of a Rev 3 version of the Twin on their website. They do however mention a Telestar Twin and a Telestar Twin Version 2. There’s a distinct difference between both versions, one is in a blue casing, the other is in a silver casing.

Could you confirm the firmware build of the model you have. You’ll find that information on the bottom of the Configuration screen on the Twin. Mine shows v1.0.8 05/11/20 and on the box it states Rev 2.

I want to take this matter up with the manufacturer and the more information I have the better. Could you also confirm what price you paid for the Twin.

• maybe they are in the process of rolling v3 out and i got lucky?

I sent you some PM.

Firmware Version: 0.1.3 Build Date: 02/21/2023 14:58:23

The problem here is their agents are selling stock that is clearly not fit for purpose as you have already experienced.

Worse again, you made a purchase via Amazon yet Amazon directed you to the manufacturer instead of dealing directly with the problem. You incurred the expense of having to return the Twin to Telestar directly. Definitely not satisfactory.

I’m not sure where you are based or what Amazon region you purchased from but what I do know is prospective purchasers rely on information regarding product versions available before making an informed purchasing decision.

I was doing a little further research on this and it appears you are not the only person to experience this problem. The manufacturer and his agents should make it very clear what they are selling. If there are in fact three different versions of the Twin available this should be made very clear.

I have a feeling the manufacturer dumped all the older versions onto the market maybe via a 3rd party who are in turn selling them on to unsuspecting customers.

The fact that my unit currently works does not mean it will be working in two months time. I’ve also been recommending them to other prospective buyers but in light of this information I will no longer be recommending them until the manufacturer states their current position very clearly on their website.

• it was my choice to go directly to telestar, i choose them because i know amazon would just dump the device.

Indeed but now others looking in here are aware that there are now three different revisions of the Twin, something that the manufacturer has omitted to mention on their website. What you originally purchased would appear to be what everyone else would be supplied with if they purchased the Twin now.