libreelec auto shutdown at LAN lost?

• Hello, i wonder if there is a way to make Kodi to shut down at LAN lost? I have plenty of HDD that suffers when the power losts, so i have a UPS that save it right now. But if the power not come back it will happen again. So i think a solution would be a command/addon that turn it off when LAN goes down when the router also shutsdown at powerbreak. I have a PC with Libreelec 10.0.2 Generic installed on it. Best regards Thore from Sweden

Although it is not exactly what you are looking for, it may help you find the solution. I try to reboot a remote TV Box when it loses internet connection in the following way:

cron command:

# check every hour

10 */1 * * * /storage/.config/reboot_noip.sh

script /storage/.config/reboot_noip.sh:

#!/usr/bin/env sh

IP=$(curl -s checkip.amazonaws.com)

A=`echo "$IP" | awk '/^([0-9]{1,3}[.]){3}([0-9]{1,3})$/{print $1}'`

if [ -z $A ]

then

# echo "not ok"

reboot

sleep 15s

exit 1

fi

# echo "okay"

exit 0

maybe some expert can give us better alternatives

• Thanks for your reply, but the solution is to a PC that runs Windows. I use Libreelec on my PC.. Is there a similar solution as that one you think?

Did you read the right post at the link? it's post #4.

Curl works on Linux. Which OS do you want to use to control LE?

• Did you read the right post at the link? it's post #4.

Curl works on Linux. Which OS do you want to use to control LE?

Hello again and thanks for your reply. I am not that good at Linux/LE, and the few changes i have done is through SSH. Today i have Generic AMD/Intel/NVIDIA (x86_64) installed on a PC, and it is connected to a UPS that support it at a power break. My idea was to make a script or so like: "if LAN/ethernet goes down start shutdown.sh" or something like that. I don't know anything about programming, so the "curl" you mention is like hebrew to me :D . Thought there was an "power manager addon" that has a function for my idea, but can not find any. Best regards from Thore in Sweden

• Ah, now I understand. Then you have to write a cron script, which runs inside LE. elonesna has already described the idea. You definitely need basic programming skills to do that. To my knowledge, there is no plug-in for that purpose.

• Ah, now I understand. Then you have to write a cron script, which runs inside LE. elonesna has already described the idea. You definitely need basic programming skills to do that. To my knowledge, there is no plug-in for that purpose.

Ok... Thanks for the tip. I will contact elonesna and see if i can get any help.. take care :)