balenaEtcher does nnot like LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0-nightly-20230705-db76177.img.gz

• Yes, etcher broke lot of distributions recently. It looks like it has problems unpacking compressed images like .gz or .xz. Issue is already reported.

I also found a much better alternative which doesn't include ads or tracking and writes faster than etcher called usbimager

USBImager

PS.: Super annoying that ones need to wait 2,400 seconds when posted :thumbdown:

• PS.: Super annoying that ones need to wait 2,400 seconds when posted :thumbdown:

Even more annoying when every second post you open is a spammer on a mission. Thankfully we don’t have that here. Believe me everything here that’s in place is to protect you as much as the forum.

• Even more annoying when every second post you open is a spammer on a mission

Sorry? Don't quite understand you here (non native speaker). Where did I spam?

Or is this to circumvent spam? Probably easy for automated bots to just have a "cool down" timer programmed.. Don't think spam bots are annoyed of this - but humans surely are! For example I wrote this post but I'm not able to publish it (need to wait another 862 seconds and afterwards another 2,400 seconds because I wrote another post already in my topic which I can't send - super counterproductive system in my opinion - like if the forum is nagware)

• Do you really have to wait 40 minutes? In my case its only a minute or two which is only very mildly annoying, and I quite understand why.

This post effectively covers it all. If you’re a Tor or VPN user expect disruption and for good reason too. Neither are particularly encouraged in the forum. Even those who strip out all the banned addons before they post a log invariably leave traces.

Do bear in mind the member here is new without the required quota of posts (6 according to his/her profile) and that will determine the frequency of posting again to protect against spammers.

milan0
    January 29, 2020 at 12:58 PM