[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• I've just got a KI Pro to replace a Mini MX III with an external USB DVB-T tuner but I'm having a bit of an issue in TVHeadend. The muxes on frequencies 745.833Mhz and 777.833Mhz are failing to scan on the KI Pro, but not on the old box using a "Silicon Labs Si2168" adaptor. If I manually choose 746Mhz and 778Mhz it scans ok but the network discovery thing seems to want to add back the old frequencies. It also seems to be duplicating some of the channels but assigning different channel numbers to them.

Same results with kszaq's 8.1.3 and 8.0.2e releases. I'm in UK using the Tacolneston transmitter (Tacolneston (Norfolk, England) Full Freeview transmitter | UK Free TV 📺). I'm attaching the logs but I'm not sure if they're the right ones, and sorry if my explanation doesn't make much sense! :p

Any ideas?

edit: I think the duplicate channel thing might be unrelated. It seems some channels are being moved around by Freeview.

• I've just got a KI Pro to replace a Mini MX III with an external USB DVB-T tuner but I'm having a bit of an issue in TVHeadend. The muxes on frequencies 745.833Mhz and 777.833Mhz are failing to scan on the KI Pro, but not on the old box using a "Silicon Labs Si2168" adaptor. If I manually choose 746Mhz and 778Mhz it scans ok but the network discovery thing seems to want to add back the old frequencies. It also seems to be duplicating some of the channels but assigning different channel numbers to them.

Same results with kszaq's 8.1.3 and 8.0.2e releases. I'm in UK using the Tacolneston transmitter (Tacolneston (Norfolk, England) Full Freeview transmitter | UK Free TV 📺). I'm attaching the logs but I'm not sure if they're the right ones, and sorry if my explanation doesn't make much sense! :p

Any ideas?

edit: I think the duplicate channel thing might be unrelated. It seems some channels are being moved around by Freeview.

You can disable network discovery in tvheadend. I verified predefined muxes in tvheadend for Tacolneston, UK and the data are correct. Most likely issue is in weak signal. Try to use antenna with better gain.

P.S.

For fixing issues in tvheadend you have to add log from tvheadend:

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log

• You can disable network discovery in tvheadend. I verified predefined muxes in tvheadend for Tacolneston, UK and the data are correct. Most likely issue is in weak signal. Try to use antenna with better gain.

P.S.

For fixing issues in tvheadend you have to add log from tvheadend:

/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.tvheadend42/service.log

Thanks for the reply. I do have a roof aerial (which I'm pretty much stuck with for now) but do get the occasional glitch on HD signals using the tuner built-in to the TV so there could be some signal issues. I think I'm only about 12 miles from the transmitter with not much in between. Could it be that my old USB tuner is more sensitive and works better with a weaker signal? I could plug the old tuner in but I went for the KI Pro to remove some of the cables hanging out the box. I'll attach my service.log just in case it shows up anything useful/interesting.

Oh also unrelated to this issue I noticed that the HDMI cable supplied with the KI Pro wouldn't supply any CEC data, changing cables fixed it but it seemed a bit odd.

• Thanks for the reply. I do have a roof aerial (which I'm pretty much stuck with for now) but do get the occasional glitch on HD signals using the tuner built-in to the TV so there could be some signal issues. I think I'm only about 12 miles from the transmitter with not much in between. Could it be that my old USB tuner is more sensitive and works better with a weaker signal? I could plug the old tuner in but I went for the KI Pro to remove some of the cables hanging out the box. I'll attach my service.log just in case it shows up anything useful/interesting.

Oh also unrelated to this issue I noticed that the HDMI cable supplied with the KI Pro wouldn't supply any CEC data, changing cables fixed it but it seemed a bit odd.

I see from log there are issues only with 745.8 and 777.8. They only use mode DTG-3, all other muxes use DTG-6 or DTG-8. I am sure issue is in weak signal. Changing little bit frequency can improve signal. Most important is SNR. Verify it in tvheadend->Status->Stream for every mux. SNR have to be >25 dB

• 746Mhz is showing a SNR of 23.7dB and 778Mhz is showing 23.2dB. All the muxes seem to be around that sort of figure so I guess they're all a bit borderline. My TV shows a "Signal Strength" of 98 and "Signal Quality" of 100 but I have no idea what any of that means.

• LE test build with the latest Kodi Leia 18.0-Alpha1 and Nougat kernel (kszaq).

LibreELEC-S905.arm-9.0-devel-201708140759-gb649026-I.img.gz

This build is built for KI Pro, for other S905 device replace dtb (Nougat) in SD.

Installing new addon services is broken. After installing new services (tvheadend, oscam, ...) run vias ssh script 'fixaddonservices' and reboot box.

pvr.hts is already preinstalled you need only enable it.

TVheadend42 in Raybuntu repository is broken use service.tvheadend42-9.0.112e.zip.

You can use this .img for upgrade already prepared SD card putting it to /storage/.update.

If you upgrading from MM version don't forget add Nougat dtb in /storage/.update.

For older TV or DVI connection switch to RGB use following ssh command and reboot box.

Code
    echo "echo 'rgb,8bit' > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr" > /storage/.config/autostart.sh

Don't install this version to internal NAND. This is only pre alpha version. There are massive frame skippings UHD fps > 30.

For live debug info use keyboard shortcut Shift-Ctrl-O.

Netflix/Amazon Prime VOD Support

Run the following:

curl -Ls http://nmacleod.com/public/libreelec/getwidevine.sh | bash

Then install one of the following addons:

Netflix addon or install netflix repository from "LibreELEC Addon" repository, and install "netflix" from the netflix repository.

Amazon Prime VOD addon

• Hi, @afl1

First and foremost I want to thank you for LE build for K series TV boxes.

I want to report a problem that I'v been experiencing on my KII Pro

I live in Turkey and our satellite is Turksat 4A

I usually get No Signal in %60-70 of transponders during scan.

Even if I successfully scan some of the transponders, I can't watch the found (especially HD) channels.

I thought that this could be really a low signal problem, but when switch back to original firmware of my KII Pro, I can watch all those channels.

Is there any difference in between original dvb tuner driver and your driver in terms of signal handling?

• Sinan merhaba,

TVHeadend kullanıyorsan Turksat için Network oluştururken sadece bir tane TP (Mux) ekleyip o Muxta da Turksat ağ arama TP'sini ekleyip taratırsan Turksat'taki tüm TP'ler eklenip kanallar hazır hale gelecektir.

Sorry for Turkish.

Best regards...

• Hi,

I am using 8.0.1i. Quite old but anyway...

I am trying to scan DVB-T frequencies with w_scan (I have a KII Pro with DVB-S2/T2)

I am running the following command :

w_scan -c MA

But w-scan is not able to get any frequency. Here is what I get :

Same output with 8 Mhz frequencies.

Any idea ?

• Sinan merhaba,

TVHeadend kullanıyorsan Turksat için Network oluştururken sadece bir tane TP (Mux) ekleyip o Muxta da Turksat ağ arama TP'sini ekleyip taratırsan Turksat'taki tüm TP'ler eklenip kanallar hazır hale gelecektir.

Sorry for Turkish.

Best regards...

Zaten Turksat şebeke tarama kanalını kullandım.
    ATV HD
    BEYAZ TV HD

Bu iki kanalı LibreElec'te izleyebiliyormusun?

I used Turksat's NIT channel already.

ATV HD

BEYAZ TV HD

Are you able watch these two channels in LibreElec?

• The way have is done scan in w_scan is unsupported in my driver.

• Zaten Turksat şebeke tarama kanalını kullandım.
    ATV HD
    BEYAZ TV HD

Bu iki kanalı LibreElec'te izleyebiliyormusun?

I used Turksat's NIT channel already.

ATV HD

BEYAZ TV HD

Are you able watch these two channels in LibreElec?

Evet, bütün kanalları seyredebiliyorum.

Olmazsa pazar ya da pazartesi birebir yardımcı olabilirim, dilersen.

Yes, I can watch all the channels.
    If not, I can help you on Sunday or Monday.

Best regards...

• Hi AFL, thanks for your feedback. So what is the prefered way to scan for DVB-T or DVB-T2 channels with your version ?

In Tvheadend select for Network: 'Pre-defined muxes' and for Network discovery: 'New muxes + changed muxes'. Also verify parameters for predefined muxes, for some country this db is outdated.

• In Tvheadend select for Network: 'Pre-defined muxes' and for Network discovery: 'New muxes + changed muxes'. Also verify parameters for predefined muxes, for some country this db is outdated.

Oh I see, I forgot to mention that I am using VDR (not TVHeadend). Is there a generic way to scan, independently of TVHeadend or VDR ?