[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• Hello afl1

First of all, I have to take off your hat, great work you've done.

I would like to know if you will update your git?

In the S905 options I made a small change that I saw in another git that allows you to create the image for KI Plus and KII Pro I do not have to recompile everything. In the end it just creates the img.gz file with the dtb for the KI Plus and another for the KII Pro

Best Regards

Tnds82

• Hi afl1,

Looking forward for your KI Pro box review...but I'm a bit impatient :)

I'm considering whether it's a good idea to buy it now or wait...

In case you already did some testing and have your opinion, could you please share at least whether the box has your recommendation and lookout for libreelec port (possible or not)?

Thanks a lot

• Hi afl1,

Looking forward for your KI Pro box review...but I'm a bit impatient :)

I'm considering whether it's a good idea to buy it now or wait...

In case you already did some testing and have your opinion, could you please share at least whether the box has your recommendation and lookout for libreelec port (possible or not)?

Thanks a lot

My KI Pro is still on the way. If there will be same tuner, it'll be only matter of device tree.

• Not sure how you could check the TV tuner chip, maybe in the original Android TV application contains some status page...

But you could check the "DRM Info" status and confirm whether the Android 7.1 version supports the Widevine Level1 DRM?

Thanks in advance

• Not sure how you could check the TV tuner chip, maybe in the original Android TV application contains some status page...

But you could check the "DRM Info" status and confirm whether the Android 7.1 version supports the Widevine Level1 DRM?

Thanks in advance

Can´t find any info on the tuner chip, maybe i have to open it tomorrow. As far as DRM goes

Google Widevine Modular DRM Supported

Version 1.0

System ID 4445

Security Level L3

I can select DVB-C within the android DTV app, but when i search for channels it won't find any (ziggo/ the netherlands)

Maybe i'm doing something wrong?

And how can i test the libreelec build. I've made a sd card with the latest Ki version of libreelec from page 1 of this topic.

But when i want to boot in recovery from SD kart (holding the power button and inserting power cable) it hangs at the mecool logo

When i do that without a sd card i get into recovery. Do i need to do something different?

• Burn LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2a-I.img.gz on SD card and replace dtb.img with one from KI_Pro.zip. Use 'toothpick method' to boot from SD card.

• Does this mean i don't have a DVB-C Tuner?

No. TVHeadend detected wrongly only dvb-t. The same issue was reported by dreambo for KIII Pro.

Good news: There is the same tuner (based on AVL6862 and R848) as in KI Plus, KII Pro and KIII Pro.

Pls, connect to box via ssh and provide link from dmesg | paste

BTW: Today my KI Pro will be delivered.

• No. TVHeadend detected wrongly only dvb-t. The same issue was reported by dreambo for KIII Pro.

Good news: There is the same tuner (based on AVL6862 and R848) as in KI Plus, KII Pro and KIII Pro.

Pls, connect to box via ssh and provide link from dmesg | paste

BTW: Today my KI Pro will be delivered.

Ah so this is a driver issue?

Will do in 2 hours