[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• It's possible to increase speed of storage for timeshift? Internal storage write speed is near 10MB/s, microsd which should have 80MB/s write speed have only 20MB/s (on pc it have measured much better values).

• It's possible to increase speed of storage for timeshift? Internal storage write speed is near 10MB/s, microsd which should have 80MB/s write speed have only 20MB/s (on pc it have measured much better values).

Did you found any LiveTV playback issue with timeshift? Recording speed 10MB/s ( ~80Mbps streams) is enough for 4k UHD LiveTv streams (~20Mbps). I tested timeshift on Fashion 4K Astra 19.2E (KI Plus, internal storage for timeshift) without any recording issue.

• I had some problems and I'm not sure if it was fixed by faster sd card or firmware update from 8.0.0f to 8.0.1a (+ pvr.hts-3.4.21.1.zip). Sometimes i have ended in black screen and i have to stop and run everything again. In few days i will receive second device, KII Pro and I'd like to know how fast card is enough and which size is maximum (my 64gb sandisk works). Maybe filesystem like f2fs or some mount parameters can help. Or maybe It's something in device tree.

• Hi,

Is there a way to change the Amlogic boot logo (the very first logo that appears when you boot) ?

On my old K1 I was using /dev/logo in order to copy a logo.img file (that contains several packed BMP files) and it worked.

Now on the K1 Plus, there is no /dev/logo

Any solution please ?

Edited once, last by nmadrane (April 16, 2017 at 10:06 AM).

• Hi,

Is there a way to change the Amlogic boot logo (the very first logo that appears when you boot) ?

On my old K1 I was using /dev/logo in order to copy a logo.img file (that contains several packed BMP files) and it worked.

Now on the K1 Plus, there is no /dev/logo

Any solution please ?

In my box ist still /dev/logo partition. Try to submit command:

Code
    dd if=/dev/logo bs=1024 of=logo.img
  • In my box ist still /dev/logo partition. Try to submit command:

Code
    dd if=/dev/logo bs=1024 of=logo.img

It gives me "dd: can't open '/dev/logo': No such file or directory"

/dev/logo does not exist on my K1 plus box

I am using your distribution 8.0.1b.

Should I upgrade to 8.0.1f ? Is this something you added later on ?

Cheers

• It gives me "dd: can't open '/dev/logo': No such file or directory"

/dev/logo does not exist on my K1 plus box

I am using your distribution 8.0.1b.

Should I upgrade to 8.0.1f ? Is this something you added later on ?

Cheers

LibreELEC is using original android partitioning for internal flash memory (unchanged). To fix issue with partitions you have to install original android image.

• LibreELEC is using original android partitioning for internal flash memory (unchanged). To fix issue with partitions you have to install original android image.

Do you mean 1) reinstall original Android and 2) boot on Librelec SD card to install your distrbution ?

That's exactly what I did at the beginning. My brand new box had Android, I built 8.0.1b from source, I put the .img on a SD card (with Win32 Disk Imager), I booted with toothpick method and I started using Librelec right after.

Edited once, last by nmadrane (April 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM).

• Thank you for your great work. DVB drivers work progress is impressive. Unfortunately watching TV in KODI via headend, especially channel changing is slow. It's much, much faster with Enigma2 or Neutrino in VITMOD, but there are old DVB drivers and it have bugs. Is here somebody who could build Enigma2 binaries for this KII Pro LibreELEC build?

OpenATV
    GitHub - openatv/enigma2: openatv-gui

or OpenPLi
    OpenPli Ubuntu build howto

I modified your kernel to run system from internal /dev/system with read-write permissions, but can't get working binaries for Enimga2.

By the way OpenATV 6.0 is true system for STB devices and could run latest KODI as a plugin. I think it is more natural system whitch KII Pro should be shipped with.
    Would really appreciate your help. Thank you in advance!