[8.0.2c] LibreELEC 8.0 builds for KI Plus / KII Pro / KI Pro

• This has probably been covered somewhere in the guts of the thread, but I can't see a way to search a specific thread....

I have a 7.0 build installed to internal flash. I'm not 100% sure who built it, but it's a version with working internal DVB tuner. My 2 questions are:
    Can I use the internal upgrade file to upgrade to the latest of these 8.0 builds?
    And will doing so lose my data (Kodi "watched" status is really all I care about).

I would say you do not loose it if you upgrade via putting the SYSTEM and KERNEL files in the update folder. If you want to be sure, create a kodi backup prior to the update.

• Hi,

I am not sure this has been covered before - I am trying to get DVB-T2 working on my K1 plus box. ( I am in Germany/Berlin area if that is important). I am sure to use the correct frequency to search for and while DVB-T works fine and I find all of the available channels, scanning for DVB-T2 always FAILs i.e. I don't find any channels... Running this box using the pre-shipped android works fine and I find all DVB-T2 channels, so it is not a hardware issue...
    I would be grateful for any pointers...
    groenland

• Hi!
    I would like your help.
    I am trying to create channel groups.
    Create the team, I import the channels you want, but each time I make restarting the libreelec channels are lost from the group.
    There are only the all group.
    What I do right?

• This occurs for which channel type(dvb-s2,dvb-t2,iptv)? You are applying your predefined tags to the wanted channels right?

This occurs for which channel type(dvb-s2,dvb-t2,iptv)?

For all (dvb-s2, dvb-t2 & iptv).

You are applying your predefined tags to the wanted channels right?

Yes, I do.

• Hi,

I am not sure this has been covered before - I am trying to get DVB-T2 working on my K1 plus box. ( I am in Germany/Berlin area if that is important). I am sure to use the correct frequency to search for and while DVB-T works fine and I find all of the available channels, scanning for DVB-T2 always FAILs i.e. I don't find any channels... Running this box using the pre-shipped android works fine and I find all DVB-T2 channels, so it is not a hardware issue...
    I would be grateful for any pointers...
    groenland

Hi,

Have you tested auto-default scan mode and force scan? This works with Austrian DVB-T2.
    There is a conversation about DVB-t2 "beta" german channels.
    Howto: Setup german DVB-T2 "beta" channels - Tvheadend

• For all (dvb-s2, dvb-t2 & iptv).

Yes, I do.

My best guess is that you have kept: synchronize program groups with backend in TV settings ON and you are trying to set groups in Kodi. Do it in backend or turn synchronize OFF. But personally I would recommend to do it in backend (tvheadend).

• Hi,

I 've installed LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.0c-I.img.gz and replaced dtb.img after that added the addon service.tvheadend42-8.1.110c.zip + pvr.hts-3.4.17.zip and disable update and no internet connection, but I got an error on Kodi error at pvr.hts-3.4.17 addon, tvheadend unreachable ( although ip was 127.0.0.1 in Tvheadend) and If I choose watch TV a got pvr is starting 0% and that's all.

Thanks for any suggestion.

Just Info:

Without network ( IP address) tvheadend dont'work, because of settings tvheadend.
    cat /storage/.kodi/addons/service.tvheadend42/system.d/service.tvheadend42.service | grep -i Requires

Requires=network-online.service
    You should just add a # to the start of the line . After that DVB-S/T/C works without ip adress of settopbox.
    #Requires=network-online.service

Edited once, last by gor (March 27, 2017 at 12:13 PM).

• K1 Plus Combo 8.0.0f from Internal upgraded to 8.0.1a [DVB-S2] 1TB USB HDD for TS+REC
    upgrade smooth, seems no regressions. Checked DVB and media playbec briefly, both OK.

Checked bug present also in 8.0.0f, possibly also in previous builds.

• Watching Channel for a minute or longer, active Time Shift.
    • Reverse playback [<<]
    • Now the screen is stuck, cannot resume the playback. Switching channel brings only the audio. Video has the same image all the time.
    • Closing the TV and opening channel again brings the same video image, audio is OK.

Nothing serious, I just have to pay attention not to press Reverse during the TV on. Ordinary left and right arrows to jump over time works fine.

PS: Thanks for your effort guys. Really appreciate it.

EDIT:
    After about and hour of testing. Several channel changes (10+) on the another channel change the video stuck, there is tons of following log entries:
    [ 5007.337429@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.337477@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.347469@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.347513@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.357484@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.357517@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.367574@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.367617@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.377436@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.377470@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    [ 5007.387562@0] DI: check_di_buf: Error 17, di_buf is NULL
    Never seen this before, video never stuck on channel change before. Seems a HW decoding issue IMHO. Had to reboot, stopping TV do not help, Opening TV again shows last video image, audio was OK. TVH still works fine on background. logfile

Edited once, last by Ftelf (March 27, 2017 at 7:36 PM).

• I think Kszaq is competing with u in releasing new version of Libreelec. Is there any big advantage in updating to 8.0.1a ?

We are not competing! I am only following kszaq's main line adding capabilities to support internal driver.