anyone else having issues with Fritzbox Cable and TVheadend?

• Hi All,

over night I can't watch TV over TVheadend anymore. TVH client mentions "no signal"

It is still working via the FritzTV app, but not via TVheadend anymore.

I have HTS Tvheadend 4.2.8-36 running in proxmox lxc.

TVheadend is such a wonderful piece of software and was working very stable for me in the last 2 years. So I never had to dive deeper into debugging.

I am very unexperienced here and hanging in the air right now. Both, my local (old) TVH Kodi and new LXC installation behave the same way.

I already re-scanned the channels in the Fritzbox without success.

Would be glad if someone could assist. What logs shall I provide and where can I find them?

Configuring the log path to /root/logs/debug doesn't seem to work.

Please apologize the noob question :angel:

Thanks!!

EDIT:

have found the live logs:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Bub4 (June 14, 2023 at 9:00 AM).

• Hi,

Probably isn't an LE issue. But what you can try...

First try to reboot all devices, the Fritzbox and the device/devices (if the TVheadend server and client running on separate devices). And use the "hard reset" method, power off all, wait, and power on. I had same issue once, when my USB tuners remains blocked after strange power issue.

Check if the issue coming from TVheadend server or client side. Install Kodi on another device (Android, PC), add and configure the TVheadend client and try if working. Or you can save the channel list from TVheadend server ( http://TVheadendServerIP:9981/playlist ) and open in VLC...

Disable the TVheadend server 4.2 addon and try to install the 4.3 version.

• Hi VLouis Thank you so much for your reply.

I tried to power down and unplug everything but it didn't helped.

I figured it out now. I had to:

- delete all MUXs

- rescan

- remap the channels.

TVH is working again <3

I just have all channels twice in the list, but I guess this can be solved as well.

Thanks again!!!

• Are you showing any duplicate muxes.

After deleting muxes, manually add one known active mux, avoid adding predefined muxes, make sure you set TVH to Scan New Muxes only and carry out a scan. That should give you a clean active mux list only and once you map services all those duplicates will disappear.

• Hi again,

I was able to get back all channels and it is working again.

Only timeshift didn't came back. There is no pause button anymore in the kodi player.

The timeshift config in TVH was untouched. Disabling and re-enabling did not help.

It is still working on the iphone app. Recording is still possible, btw.

I was wondering if someone has an idea? Would love to get this one back

Thanks again!

• https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=373113

It appears that the client doesn’t support paused live TV with HTSP enabled. Try enabling/disabling HTSP in the client and see what results it yields.

• Oh - I am in Germany. We don‘t have the fancy things in free TV without a CI card. :rolleyes:

No possibility to upgrade my FRITZ!Box which is kind of sad

• Oh - I am in Germany. We don‘t have the fancy things in free TV without a CI card. :rolleyes:

No possibility to upgrade my FRITZ!Box which is kind of sad

What Profile have you got set in TVH. Are you sending through raw transport streams and allowing LE to decode them.

• not sure, if this is what you mean, but all these are enabled. I didn't touch profiles during the configuration. This should be the standard.

Regarding HTSP and HTTP. There is no disabling menu of HTSP in the Kodi TVH client. So I though you might have made a typo and I tried HTTP... So far everything works fine with disabled HTTP.

• not sure, if this is what you mean, but all these are enabled. I didn't touch profiles during the configuration. This should be the standard.

Regarding HTSP and HTTP. There is no disabling menu of HTSP in the Kodi TVH client. So I though you might have made a typo and I tried HTTP... So far everything works fine with disabled HTTP.

Ok. Assuming if you click on the Pass profile it will show the Default box as checked. Is that correct. So that is raw transport stream passed directly to LE unprocessed.

Now in the LE PVR Client select Configure>Edit Settings>Streaming Settings>Use HTTP streaming for channels. I assume you have this enabled. I also have this enabled in order to play UHD Live TV but paused live TV is no longer available as an option.

There’s quite a bit of configuration you can play around with in TVH. You can of course leave everything as default.

• your assumption is 100% correct. HTTP is currently disabled and paused live TV is therefore working.

As I said, for me TVH feels very polished so I never had the need to play around with the settings. But I will do so in the future.

Appreciate your input very much! Thanks!!

• Now you know why paused Live TV was not available to you. As you state you do not require the ability to view UHD channels so you won’t need to make any further changes to TVH. I just added these further posts for completeness for any other users who are experiencing similar issues.