No WiFi at MXQ PRO 4K 5G

• Now some SD card related R/W error keeps repeating itself over and over again... :(

The log should start like this:

Code
    [    0.000000@0] Booting Linux on physical CPU 0x200
    [    0.000000@0] Linux version 3.10.108 (dtech@LibreBuilder) (gcc version 8.3.0 (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 27 21:18:35 CEST 2023
    [    0.000000@0] CPU: ARMv7 Processor [410fc051] revision 1 (ARMv7), cr=10c5387d
    [    0.000000@0] CPU: PIPT / VIPT nonaliasing data cache, VIPT aliasing instruction cache
    [    0.000000@0] Machine: Amlogic Meson8B, model: AMLOGIC
    [    0.000000@0] physical memory start address is 0x200000

Unfortunately, I can't help you until the essential part is invisible. I would recommend trying a different SD card first.

• I tried to take the log from alexelec and it looks like what you said. It doesn't fit, does it?

From a completely different operating system, I won't really get information about the status of the driver I modified, so it's unfortunately useless for me. However, I/O errors related to the SD card are also present here, only in a smaller volume.

It would be worth running this in overwrite mode, before you write an image to the SD card again.

• From a completely different operating system, I won't really get information about the status of the driver I modified, so it's unfortunately useless for me. However, I/O errors related to the SD card are also present here, only in a smaller volume.

It would be worth running this in overwrite mode, before you write an image to the SD card again.

I took a third SD card, formatted the SD Card Formatter, burned the image with Rufus instead of LibreELEC USB-SDCreator on another computer. :) And it's all for nothing. :(

http://ix.io/4yCX

• It seems that the SDIO bus is re-initialized, but the SDIO adapter does not appear afterwards.

Next step: I would need an lsmod output.

Unfortunately, I don't have an S805 device with SDIO wifi, so if I don't manage to get such a box, I can only rely on user tests.

• Next step: I would need an lsmod output.

Code
    Module                  Size  Used by
    8021q                  16175  0
    wifi_dummy               737  0
    wireguard             115670  0
    ip_tunnel              11181  1 wireguard
    mali                  160852  5
    amlvideodri             9241  0
    videobuf_res            5061  1 amlvideodri
    videobuf_core          15722  2 amlvideodri,videobuf_res
    videodev               84992  1 amlvideodri

Unfortunately, I don't have an S805 device with SDIO wifi, so if I don't manage to get such a box, I can only rely on user tests.

Btw, also doesn't work Power On from remote control. Can anything be done about it?

In addition, it would be good to identify whether the same PCB is also in your box.

Display Spoiler

Edited 2 times, last by someoneelse: Merged a post created by someoneelse into this post. (June 20, 2023 at 10:28 PM).

• Well, it seems that the required module has not been loaded. Let's try to load it manually:

Code
    dmesg -c > /dev/null
    modprobe 8723as
    dmesg | paste

And thanks for the photo. ;)

Btw, also doesn't work Power On from remote control. Can anything be done about it?

Unfortunately, it looks like I need to dig deeper into the code, and the HD18Q image probably wouldn't be fully compatible with this 2022 box release. I feel like we can't move forward until I get a piece of this myself.

But there is a new question: Does the box really turn off under Android when the power button is pressed on the remote, or does it just go to standby?

P.s.: We just need to find out who is selling exactly the same box. If anyone knows accurate information about this, please let me know. Thanks.

• I added the missing module alias to the driver, please try to see if it loads the module automatically during boot:

Index of /snapshots/20230622_rtl8723as_c652eb6/

Thanks. And a follow up question. Can this firmware be updated automatically through auto-update?

• Can this firmware be updated automatically through auto-update?

This is currently in a different branch, so please turn off auto-update for now until the final code is ready.

If you turn it on, it will update to a version that still lacks this driver, so it would be good to avoid this.

However, you can update the previous version with the tar on the link, so you don't have to make a new installation.

Just download the tar and copy it to the Update folder via Samba.