Newer intel wireless chip not supported

• I have a newer n100-based miniPC that has the following intel wifi/BT adapter:

00:14.3 Network controller: Intel Corporation Device 54f0

It looks like this is a problematic piece of hardware (or at least a "too-new" piece of hardware):

AX101 Ubuntu 22.04 or 22.10 driver
    Hi,   As was suggested here , I started a new thread. I have troubles with wifi and bluetooth   # dmesg | grep iwlwifi [ 2.573402] iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3:…
    community.intel.com

While I wait for intel to add some better support, is there a 'tried-and-true' USB bluetooth adapter I can pick up in the meantime?

• Looks like there is a fix/workaround patch that works with kernels 6.1+

Intel Alder Lake-N100 wifi and bluetooth issues
    I need your help with setup wifi on my mini-PC. CPU Intel N100, that includes wifi. default winOs had seen wifi and worked well. I've already tried ubuntu…
    askubuntu.com

The most recent LE12 nightly is running the 6.3 kernel and if you were going to test - I would suggest it +/- the patch.

As the iwlwifi firmwares were updated to version 74 with kernel 6.3

• Unfortunately I'm 'stuck' on LE11 as there's a special build smp did to enable proper colorspace with intel HDR... I popped open the box and for some reason the wireless adapter is 'glued in' to the slot! - too bad as I have a spare ax210 laying around!

• Just an update here - I bought the cheapest USB bluetooth dongle amazon had ($5!) and it worked right off the bat... the UI for connecting is super broken so I had to do it via bluetoothctl in a terminal though, but otherwise it's working great now.

• I just got a cheap N100 Chuwi box and wifi seems to work on the nightly (I am using the 2.5G port) but the BT firmware seems to be missing.

Aug 03 18:58:45 LibreELEC kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: Failed to load Intel firmware file intel/ibt-0040-1050.sfi (-2)

In the Ubuntu link above someone noted renaming a couple of files in /usr/lib/firmware/intel/ Is there are way to do this in LE?

Edit: I figured it out, the link above has a different name for the BT firmware this worked

ls -lt .config/firmware/intel/

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Aug 3 20:12 ibt-0040-1050.ddc -> /usr/lib/firmware/intel/ibt-1040-4150.ddc

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 41 Aug 3 20:12 ibt-0040-1050.sfi -> /usr/lib/firmware/intel/ibt-1040-4150.sfi

It identifies as the other BT firmware but otherwise seems ok until the proper firmware is available

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 8087:0026 Intel Corp. AX201 Bluetooth

Edited once, last by emveepee (August 3, 2023 at 9:17 PM).

• I got WiFi to work on a Beelink Mini S12 Pro Mini Desktop Computer with the following specs:

Intel 12th Gen Processor Alder Lake-N100 (4C/4T, 6M Cache, 0.8GHz to 3.4GHz)

WiFi 6(802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.2

I reinstalled LE using the newest nightly (as of last night) for version 12: LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-12.0-nightly-20230808-c46fefd.img.gz

Still no Bluetooth though. I don't use it, so no big deal.

Details i case anyone is interested:

How to use:

1. Download nightly

2. Use LE Image Writer and select file

3. Boot off USB with nightly image and continue as normal

Hope this helps the next noob.

JCH

• did you try my workaround from the post just before yours?

I did not. Since this was a new box and I'm lazy I decided to just try a nightly and it worked.

I was going to try your work-around on a stable if the nightly did not work.

FWIW the nightly is working awesomely - no issues whatsoever.

Thanks,

JCH

• I did not. Since this was a new box and I'm lazy I decided to just try a nightly and it worked.

I was going to try your work-around on a stable if the nightly did not work.O

OK, maybe I misunderstood, I thought you said BT wasn't working.

• Hi,

I think other way is waiting firmware update from Git repository and add it directly

iwlwifi-firmware/firmware at master · LibreELEC/iwlwifi-firmware
    files used in the iwlwifi-firmware package. Contribute to LibreELEC/iwlwifi-firmware development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

I will test it now and reply if its work without any re-installation

• iwlwifi is only wifi firmware - not BT firmware.

For the firmwares - they are directly matched to kernels, (we don’t include previous versions of iwlwifi - only the matched kernel one) so if you are using the git master tree to build you will have the matched iwlwifi firmware.

• I also installed LibreELEC on a Beelink Mini S12 Pro and noticed strange behaviour.

I was able to join my wifi during the Installation Wizard and also populated the databases with media that's accessible through the network.

But, the next day, Kodi/LibreELEC was offline. So I tried to join the wifi again but it always told me that the credentials were wrong.

So I plugged in a cable and logged in via ssh. Tried to join the wifi again via connmanctl but again "wrong credentials".

There doesn't seem to be a matching firmware in the Github Repo [1] - is there any other solution?

[1] https://github.com/LibreELEC/iwlwifi-firmware

• rosenkrf

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • rosenkrf

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link

Did a fresh install, enabled debug, restarted kodi and tried to connect to wifi.

This is the log: http://ix.io/4LvN

• The N100/AX101 is loading firmware.

iwlwifi 0000:00:14.3: loaded firmware version 83.e8f84e98.0 so-a0-hr-b0-83.ucode op_mode iwlmvm

The failure is occurring on wireless association. FW error in SYNC CMD STA_CONFIG_CMD

• ACPI bug at Linux kernel is also possible:

Code
    Nov 14 19:43:17.247638 LibreELEC kernel: ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.PC00.TXHC.RHUB.SS01], AE_NOT_FOUND (20230628/dswload2-162)
    Nov 14 19:43:17.247651 LibreELEC kernel: ACPI Error: AE_NOT_FOUND, During name lookup/catalog (20230628/psobject-220)
    Nov 14 19:43:17.247663 LibreELEC kernel: ACPI: Skipping parse of AML opcode: OpcodeName unavailable (0x0010)

We are investigating...