RPI 4 ARM and AArch images.

• I am confused as to why the RPI4 folder has all AARCH 64 updates which when I tried of course says Incompatible with my Raspberry Pi4

I think the intent is to move to aarch64 for LE 12 and later for devices that support it / where it is feasible. It has been mentioned in the forum that basic intent, but I don't think there is anything yet on how to transition.

LE 12 is a development build, so if you don't know how to handle problems with it then you might want to wait until it is fleshed out further or released. There is a way to force the installation, but all binaries not part of the image (i.e. addons) would be incompatible, broken, and could cause crashing, so if you don't know how to handle all of that then you should do a fresh install or wait. You may also find some addons are not compatible/available yet, as some of the addons did have to change to accommodate aarch64. And naturally it could be unstable, as it's a development build.

If your going to do it, would recommend a fresh install to a new SD card, so it's easier to move back.

• At the moment there are still some add-ons and Kodi Omega plumbing bits that are not aarch64 compatible so we are deliberately omitting the config needed to permit successful crossgrade from arm to aarch64 images; and based on how future testing goes we might decide to not allow that anyway. As such the update from arm to aarch64 is being correctly rejected. If you make a clean install, the aarch64 images should run fine; albeit Kodi Omega is a pre-Alpha codebase right now.