LE11 - colors flashing on Netflix

• I've updated LE10 to LE11 and since then I've had this problem with only Netflix addon: when I watch anything, colors are flashing, like, switching from normal to saturated few times a second. When I pause, no flashing occurs. I've disabled HW decoding acceleration before, because I have J1900 CPU which has broken support for that - I get green screen for h264, and if I enable it for mpeg2, I lose lipsync.

I did not have that problem with LE10. Also, I did GUI update, so I think it updated to generic image, could legacy image help? Also, can I update to legacy without any problems?

• Also, I did GUI update, so I think it updated to generic image, could legacy image help? Also, can I update to legacy without any problems?

If the update went from generic-legacy to generic, then it's a bug.

You should see the LE variant on the system info screen.

If it's not legacy, put the legacy image into .update folder by using wget, and reboot. That shouldn't cause problems, and hopefully fixes your Netflix problem.

• No, it updated to generic.

I've done manual update to generic-legacy (naming is very confusing, btw) and the problem with Netflix is gone. Could it be related with how my TV interpreted (possible) HDR (or something that legacy doesn't support) signalling, as I have pretty old 720p Samsung TV?

With generic image I finally got smooth(er) transitions when browsing the collection. Now, with legacy, transitions are not smooth, they reverted to what they used to be, more choppy.

I guess I should update the hardware :)

• Well, something was interfering, as I didn't change anything else except generic to legacy.

the underlaying graphic processing is completely different, so it is very likely that there are completely different problems :)

• I can confirm the behavior with Generic. Legacy runs normally

For me it looks like all DRM streams are affected (Netflix , Amazon..).

Sometimes a stream starts normally without the flickering. After stop and start from the beginning the same stream flickers.

Sometimes the black level is also wrong (black is gray).

Newer hardware does not solve the problem (Intel I3 12.th Gen)

• I can confirm the behavior with Generic. Legacy runs normally

For me it looks like all DRM streams are affected (Netflix , Amazon..).

Sometimes a stream starts normally without the flickering. After stop and start from the beginning the same stream flickers.

Sometimes the black level is also wrong (black is gray).

Newer hardware does not solve the problem (Intel I3 12.th Gen)

If you want to help to find the bug, give us a log file.

Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • here the log.

in both streams from Netflix - wrong black level and the flickering

http://ix.io/4rZZ

Thanks. Maybe an FFMPEG issue. A developer should have a look:

Code
    2023-03-27 21:37:28.221 T:965     debug <general>: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg - Updated codec: ff-h264-vaapi
    2023-03-27 21:37:28.225 T:889      info <general>: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - initialize sink
    2023-03-27 21:37:28.232 T:965     error <general>: ffmpeg[0x542d0c0]: [h264] mmco: unref short failure
  • I had a short conversation with developers. Nobody knows the cause of the color errors. The error I mentioned is very likely not the cause. So all I can say is, stay with Generic-legacy, until the next LE update appears. Switching between Generic and Generic-legacy should work, because all hardware drivers are the same.

• I had a short conversation with developers. Nobody knows the cause of the color errors. The error I mentioned is very likely not the cause. So all I can say is, stay with Generic-legacy, until the next LE update appears. Switching between Generic and Generic-legacy should work, because all hardware drivers are the same.

ok .

thanks for the info

• I have the same problem on a Tanix TX6 board. I have to stop and then start the playback several times to stop the flickering. This only happens when watching Netflix (I don't have Amazon).

• I just faced the same issue when I updated from LE 10.x (generic) to LE 11.0.3 (generic), on a NUC5PPYH.

I can confirm that updating that to LE 11.0.3 (legacy) fixed the issue.