Duplication of channels in PVR display

• No, I wasn't advised to create bouquets. The advice was that TVH can understand Enigma2 bouquets and that therefore I can create my own, which I did. First, by extracting the enabled channels using a script (edited version attached, with .txt extension added for upload), then rearranging in desired order in one or more files as required (in my case Terrestrial.tv and Satellite.tv). Procedure as below

To Make TV Bouquets

# Choose channels wanted and map them; generates list but not in any order

# Run makebouquets script; extracts channel info

# Remove any radio channels

# Search and replace "\nSERVICE " with "**"

# Remove SD channels where HD exists

# Rearrange channel order as needed

# Reverse search and replace above

# Save to one or more bouquets

# Important: disable (do not delete) existing bouquets; they will be recreated

# Transfer individual bouquet files

# Map channels for chosen bouquets

I did this with v4.2 but haven't yet done so with v4.3 as the duplicated channels showed up from the start.

• What channels are showing up as duplicates. Are they duplicated on the same mux.

I’m assuming the other cables coming out of your LNB are connected directly to some sort of DVBS set top boxes. Are they standard set top boxes or are they something else.

If you have no motor installed or no diseq switches attached in line between these set top boxes or your LE box you only need to configure TVH for a single universal LNB. Set it for initial scan and turn off idle scan.

Can you screen grab the Configuration>TV Adapters screen so I can see how your TV adapters are set up.

• The LNB has 3 of 4 ports connected. Two are direct to TVs with built-in satellite tuners (no STB) and one is to my PC with the Hauppauge tuner.

I tried a universal LNB setting but got no data back from it; have used 4 port LNB with the AB port selected for years with no issue. The Diseq stuff was enabled by default and I never bothered with it before ; have now disabled it.

TV adapter images attached.

This time around I mapped everything just to see a default view and it looks like all channels are repeated. Initially I didn't think there was duplication in the TVH UI but sorting services by channel shows otherwise, see attached.

• Yes, you're right. I misread that in a hurry (another call on my time); I was right the first time. Not clear to me what's causing the duplicates.

• Your TV adapters appear not to be correctly configured either. If as you say you have a HVR4000 card if memory serves me you cannot use both DVBS and DVBT tuners together. Read the overview section of this

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-4000 - LinuxTVWiki

I suggest removing the DVBT adapter in the TVH configuration section which just leaves the DVBS adapter and then you can properly configure it.

I’ve given you a number of pointers to help you finally resolve your issue. Unless you have anything further to add we can take this as resolved.

• The DVB-T Tuner is not on the Hauppauge board; it's an external USB device ($7 special from AliExpress). Both the Hauppauge tuner (a WinTV NOVA SD H2, with a single coax connector and dual tuners) and the USB DVB-T tuner have been working without any issue using TVH* and LibreElec 9.2 and earlier versions for years.

I put back my SSD with LE 9.2.6 and checked the tuner configurations and they are essentially identical to what I tried with LE 11 (I had Diseq checked, other than that no difference). LE 9.2.6 is working fine. There's no DMESG but lspci doesn't show a Hauppauge tuner at all. Instead:

06:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)

06:00.1 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [Audio Port] (rev 05)

06:00.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)

06:00.4 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [IR Port] (rev 05)

It seems possible that either the tuner is wrongly identified and this causes some problems or the installation is corrupted in some way; at any rate; time to start from scratch to see if I can resolve. I'll post here if I can resolve and will revert to 9.2.6 installation if not.

I did install firmware for the DVB-T tuner (dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw) under LE 9.2 and I repeated for LE 11 and it worked fine. Wasn't needed for the DVB-S tuner.

*HTS Tvheadend 4.2.8-36 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.2.0.123

• As I mentioned previously, in LE11 support for DVB drivers has fallen away. You never mentioned if you ever installed LE10 but my suggestion to you if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, as in stay with your LE 9 setup unless there’s something you particularly need in LE11.

DVB USB tuners are notoriously troublesome in LE. You stated earlier in the post you were using a HVR4000 and never mentioned a DVB USB tuner. Now you mention a WinTV Nova S2. I’m totally confused.

Anyway you now know where you stand and the decision is entirely yours. Your original issue of duplicate channels is down to regional variations and TVH 4.3 does function correctly in LE11. Good luck with the troubleshooting 👍

• No, I never installed LE10. Apologies for the misdirection on the HVR4000, I couldn't for the life of me recall anything about the card and just went with what was reported assuming it must be right. Only later did I open the case and have a look. The DVB-S tuner is a PCI one, not a USB one, and it's worked without issue up to now.

With a fresh install of LE 11 and TVH 4.3 I'm seeing the same pattern (so far) of incomplete mux scanning, so not a result of a corrupt installation I think.

This confirms recognition as an HVR4000 under Linux: https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php…inTV-NOVA-HD-S2 and points to a patch that may help but I'm not sure if I can get this done under LE.

It's a very old card and I haven't any idea what I might replace it with. Any suggestions?

As for why update: well, I've been stuck on 9.2 for a long time and had updated the Kodi client on some RPi's which used it, meaning they no longer could. I assumed that an update would bring things back into sync.

Update: I managed to get TVH 4.3 to complete a scan!

Not entirely sure how I managed to do it. But maybe it was not enabling the DVB-T network until after it had finished. That too is now set up.

My quick scan of alternative DVB-S tuners didn't get far (pointers welcome if you have any).

Now to back this up.

Edited once, last by SamJ: Merged a post created by SamJ into this post. (March 26, 2023 at 5:47 PM).