Duplication of channels in PVR display

• I've installed TVHeadend 4.2 with LibreElec 11 and created a couple of bouquets. I'm seeing 4 copies of every channel. No idea if this is a TVHeadend bug or not; same version has worked for me to date. Advice welcome. Thanks

• Yes, DVB-S and DVB-T. No, I haven't tried TVH 4.3 as 4.2 was working ok to date. Hardware is X86 (Asus E45M1-M Pro motherboard with 4Gb RAM with a Radeon 450 to keep it from dropping frames; old but working perfectly and silently for a long time). Tuners are working fine.

I created two new bouquets, one each for terrestrial and satellite channels, and tried to get them working:

Add, External URL (the file: /etc/enigma2/Terrestrial.tv), Name: Terrestrial, Automap to channels: X, Offset: 0, Merge same name: X, Create tags: bouquet name)

However, Services and Services seen remain at 0.

Edited once, last by SamJ (March 20, 2023 at 5:03 AM).

• Are you showing any sign of duplicate muxes. Is there any other instance of TVH running. Have your tried scanning the muxes without creating bouquets and mapped the results.

• No other instance of TVH running and no duplicate muxes. I scanned the muxes and didn't map any results as I don't want any channels other than those in two bouquets I made. The advice I found for creating one's own bouquets was to do the mapping per bouquet.

Now looking to see how I can try TVHeadend 4.3 but I can't see how to uninstall 4.2 :(

Edited once, last by SamJ (March 20, 2023 at 4:53 PM).

• No other instance of TVH running and no duplicate muxes. I scanned the muxes and didn't map any results as I don't want any channels other than those in two bouquets I made. The advice I found for creating one's own bouquets was to do the mapping per bouquet.

Now looking to see how I can try TVHeadend 4.3 but I can't see how to uninstall 4.2 :(

No need to uninstall 4.2. Just disable it and add 4.3 add on.

• I was offered 4.2 or 4.3 on initial installation. The 4.3 option has disappeared now. Disabling 4.2 doesn't change that. What can I do to make it reappear?

• Haven't yet succeeded in getting a scan to complete (4th try about to begin).

Update: Keeps getting stuck with 28 out of 122 muxes on DVB-S to go.

Edited 2 times, last by SamJ (March 20, 2023 at 10:53 PM).

• What satellite are you scanning. Are you running the Wizard. If so when you get stuck just save and continue. You can always do a full scan later. Personally I just add one single mux and set scan for new muxes only. That way you’ll only have active transponders included.

• Astra 28.8E. Am just scanning for new muxes. Didn't have any issues at all with v4.2 with this -- apart from need, shared with 4.3, to update frequencies for DVB-T muxes (years out of date).

Update: 2 more scans and still not scanning the last 28 muxes :(

Update: I've tried at least a dozen scans now and clearly this isn't going to complete. Should I revert to 4.2 and ... then what? Thanks.

Edited 2 times, last by SamJ (March 21, 2023 at 9:08 AM).

• Skip the “enter predefined muxes” section in the Wizard by pressing the Esc key. Go to the Muxes tab and manually enter a known mux from Lyngsat for 28.2. Make sure you mark this as active. You will then be presented with a list of active transponders and the scan process will start.

During the scan process click the Status tab and watch the progress of each transponder as it’s scanning. You will then be able to identify if any transponder is causing your system to freeze up.

The predefined muxes list for 28.2 is way out of date and can cause issues during the scan process.

• Once you’ve created a network, click on the network and select the Force a Scan tab. I assume you followed the wizard instructions up to the point of Add Predefined Muxes and selected the Cancel tab.

Just remove the network you’ve created, run the Wizard again to reconfigure TVH. Let us know how you get on.

• Thanks for your patience but ... not getting on with this at all.

I created a DVB-S network, didn't assign predefined muxes. Added a manually defined mux associated with the network, entered 10803 for frequency (10803000 KHz), ensured it was enabled, saved it, then tried to scan the network. Result:

Scan queue length stays at 1.

• Tuner is a Hauppauge model with Conexant CX24116/CX24118 #1 : DVB-S #0

It works perfectly with TVH 4.2, with the predefined muxes there is no issue completing the scan. With 4.3 the scan stops with 28 muxes to go.

• Tuner is a Hauppauge model with Conexant CX24116/CX24118 #1 : DVB-S #0

It works perfectly with TVH 4.2, with the predefined muxes there is no issue completing the scan. With 4.3 the scan stops with 28 muxes to go.

That issue of freezing during scan of predefined muxes using Wizard was resolved in a later build of 4.3 TVH which can be seen on the TVH GitHub. It used to freeze at 75%. All you had to do was select Save and Continue tab in the Wizard and it would display what muxes it had found.

When you are adding one mux to scan I assume you are supplying all the relevant information in the Basic Settings section, setting it to Active and applying it.

Finally, are you using an Hauppauge USB tuner. If so read this RE: TBS Drivers on LE10