Posts by SamJ

No, I never installed LE10. Apologies for the misdirection on the HVR4000, I couldn't for the life of me recall anything about the card and just went with what was reported assuming it must be right. Only later did I open the case and have a look. The DVB-S tuner is a PCI one, not a USB one, and it's worked without issue up to now.

With a fresh install of LE 11 and TVH 4.3 I'm seeing the same pattern (so far) of incomplete mux scanning, so not a result of a corrupt installation I think.

This confirms recognition as an HVR4000 under Linux: https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php…inTV-NOVA-HD-S2 and points to a patch that may help but I'm not sure if I can get this done under LE.

It's a very old card and I haven't any idea what I might replace it with. Any suggestions?

As for why update: well, I've been stuck on 9.2 for a long time and had updated the Kodi client on some RPi's which used it, meaning they no longer could. I assumed that an update would bring things back into sync.

Update: I managed to get TVH 4.3 to complete a scan!

Not entirely sure how I managed to do it. But maybe it was not enabling the DVB-T network until after it had finished. That too is now set up.

My quick scan of alternative DVB-S tuners didn't get far (pointers welcome if you have any).

Now to back this up.

The DVB-T Tuner is not on the Hauppauge board; it's an external USB device ($7 special from AliExpress). Both the Hauppauge tuner (a WinTV NOVA SD H2, with a single coax connector and dual tuners) and the USB DVB-T tuner have been working without any issue using TVH* and LibreElec 9.2 and earlier versions for years.

I put back my SSD with LE 9.2.6 and checked the tuner configurations and they are essentially identical to what I tried with LE 11 (I had Diseq checked, other than that no difference). LE 9.2.6 is working fine. There's no DMESG but lspci doesn't show a Hauppauge tuner at all. Instead:

06:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 05)

06:00.1 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [Audio Port] (rev 05)

06:00.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [MPEG Port] (rev 05)

06:00.4 Multimedia controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and Audio Decoder [IR Port] (rev 05)

It seems possible that either the tuner is wrongly identified and this causes some problems or the installation is corrupted in some way; at any rate; time to start from scratch to see if I can resolve. I'll post here if I can resolve and will revert to 9.2.6 installation if not.

I did install firmware for the DVB-T tuner (dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw) under LE 9.2 and I repeated for LE 11 and it worked fine. Wasn't needed for the DVB-S tuner.

*HTS Tvheadend 4.2.8-36 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v9.2.0.123

The LNB has 3 of 4 ports connected. Two are direct to TVs with built-in satellite tuners (no STB) and one is to my PC with the Hauppauge tuner.

I tried a universal LNB setting but got no data back from it; have used 4 port LNB with the AB port selected for years with no issue. The Diseq stuff was enabled by default and I never bothered with it before ; have now disabled it.

TV adapter images attached.

This time around I mapped everything just to see a default view and it looks like all channels are repeated. Initially I didn't think there was duplication in the TVH UI but sorting services by channel shows otherwise, see attached.

No, I wasn't advised to create bouquets. The advice was that TVH can understand Enigma2 bouquets and that therefore I can create my own, which I did. First, by extracting the enabled channels using a script (edited version attached, with .txt extension added for upload), then rearranging in desired order in one or more files as required (in my case Terrestrial.tv and Satellite.tv). Procedure as below

To Make TV Bouquets

# Choose channels wanted and map them; generates list but not in any order

# Run makebouquets script; extracts channel info

# Remove any radio channels

# Search and replace "\nSERVICE " with "**"

# Remove SD channels where HD exists

# Rearrange channel order as needed

# Reverse search and replace above

# Save to one or more bouquets

# Important: disable (do not delete) existing bouquets; they will be recreated

# Transfer individual bouquet files

# Map channels for chosen bouquets

I did this with v4.2 but haven't yet done so with v4.3 as the duplicated channels showed up from the start.

Understood. Prior to removing 4.2 I only enabled and disabled one or other of 4.2 and 4.3 (only one enabled at a time); didn't change any folder or other settings; used the Kodi/LE front end only for managing.

No, unfortunately, I'm still seeing multiple listings for channels with v4.3. And have rediscovered that choosing a 4 port LNB option is required (no result from choosing a universal LNB).

No worries, I wasn't offended by being pointed to the docs. I last read them when I installed LE 9.2. Apologies for not having given fuller information from the start and thanks again for your patient efforts to help resolve the issue.

So far, as in with previous LE install (years ago; was on 9.2 prior to 11), I just selected 4 port LNB and then verified which of AA, AB, BA and BB was live. That worked. I'd just forgotten about this, also about Diseq (read the docs long ago and haven't needed to since and can ordinarily get by if it's something I've done before, but thanks for the link anyway). Ofc, I needed to select port AB and link to DVB-S Network to get any scanning to work, but that wasn't a problem as 4.3 was scanning ok.

What finally resolved 4.3 not running to completion: removal of 4.2 and associated files.

I had intended to give up on 4.3 and do a clean install of 4.2, but on removal it wasn't immediately obvious how to reinstall it, so I just re-enabled 4.3 and the last stuck scan then finished. Had it not done so I was considering a complete reinstall from scratch.

If I'm not mistaken then simply disabling 4.2 isn't enough if it's already been installed, at least that didn't seem to be the case here.

Many thanks for your help.

I may be wrong about the LNB settings. It turns out that once selected they go grey looking unassigned. The LNB is a 4 port model but I don't know for sure which port is connected; I just checked them all, AA, AB, BA and BB (the box only has one DVB-S tuner) and let LE figure it out. Two of the other ports go to TVs and one is unused. I'll check what the config for 4.2 was tomorrow and try specifying one port at a time.

I'll see what I can do but recall that my reason for trying 4.3 was repetition of channels (4 times each) in the EPG, so not quite a "working" 4.2, though at least the mux scan finished.

Meanwhile, here's the mux scan log file (attached) with the halt with 28 to go.

I may have found why the automatic scan didn't work when a mux was configured: the 4 LNB settings were unassigned; rebooting and reinstating as shown in the next attachment at least allowed scanning to resume as before.

The board is a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR4000(Lite) DVB-S/S2. Dmesg output attached. Also: a mux I defined, copying parameters for one that was successfully set up during an automated scan. No scan was triggered. The status tab shows 1 transport errors and 34 continuity errors, w SNR and signal strength unknown (ditto for the DVB-T tuner for the last two).

A later build of 4.3 on github is helful how?

> Save and continue

This option isn't presented when scanning

> setting it to Active and applying it

Yes.

No, it's not a USB tuner, it's a Hauppaug PCI board.

At this point I am beginning to think I should revert to 4.2 with a reinstall if necessary. Thoughts?

Thanks for your patience but ... not getting on with this at all.

I created a DVB-S network, didn't assign predefined muxes. Added a manually defined mux associated with the network, entered 10803 for frequency (10803000 KHz), ensured it was enabled, saved it, then tried to scan the network. Result:

Scan queue length stays at 1.

Astra 28.8E. Am just scanning for new muxes. Didn't have any issues at all with v4.2 with this -- apart from need, shared with 4.3, to update frequencies for DVB-T muxes (years out of date).

Update: 2 more scans and still not scanning the last 28 muxes :(

Update: I've tried at least a dozen scans now and clearly this isn't going to complete. Should I revert to 4.2 and ... then what? Thanks.