*image write trouble*

• hi all - long-time user here . . . this is the 'easy' part but having trouble for some reason . . . 2 different usb sticks, 2 different image programs and 2 different images (rolled back to see if it was the image file) . . . not sure what is happening or if you all can help as not a libreelec-specific issue but . . . also, changed the file system to fat to see if that will help but originally ntfs.

thanks for any suggestions

michael

• from the error shown I would try to reboot windows, if this is not helping try a different USB port, if this is also not helping try a different SD Card

basically the error says that the SD card can't be accessed, but there are a lot problems that could trigger this

• hi all - long-time user here . . . this is the 'easy' part but having trouble for some reason . . . 2 different usb sticks, 2 different image programs and 2 different images (rolled back to see if it was the image file) . . . not sure what is happening or if you all can help as not a libreelec-specific issue but . . . also, changed the file system to fat to see if that will help but originally ntfs.

thanks for any suggestions

michael

Hi,

Try to start the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator with admin rights (right click, "Run as adminsitrator").

• hi all - thanks for chiming in . . . this was an odd problem and might not be applicable to others but in case it it . . . so the problem - as i saw it - was that it needed to lock the drive to perform the write but couldn't for some reason (not that it Was locked) . . . it wouldn't proceed without that in place . . . used a partition tool and partitioned the device to a gpt partition over mbr . . . really don't know if that did it but someone allowed the write to proceed and thus i did get the image on the stick. thx again.