Nexbox A95X (GXBB)

• I added the driver in the rtl8189fs branch of this repo: https://github.com/jwrdegoede/rtl8189ES_linux/branches

The rtl8189es driver that was already in the image is from the master branch of the same repo (and searches for the 'fs' driver point to that repo). It's common for an RTL driver to support multiple differently-named chips (hence it claims to be RTL8188F in dmesg) .. all part of the garbage and support debt that comes with not-upstream old vendor drivers.

These drivers are not (and will not be) submitted to the main LE repo. I'm going to leave them in my private image for a while; I don't make any guarantee they will remain in my image so at some future point you might need to discover self-building LE images. Historically the RTL vendor drivers break with every kernel major-version bump and we bump kernels frequently so playing "hunt the patch" gets tiresome.

• Thanks chewitt for your time and explanation - I did my first self building yesterday, of course standard just to learn, next step is to do that from a personal branch and learn how to include what I need. Again thanks for your time. I will test you last update after my work day !! just a last question - should I always use nexbox a95x as hardware now ?

• Should I always use nexbox a95x as hardware now ?

Yes please. It's useful to have a known reference that the dtb works. If you see any issues, we can track them and (hopefully) fix them.

NB: Does the box have an IR remote? If yes, do you have a working keymap for it?

• scp multiple files. it seams stable even it this is slow down kodi but probably very normal as the usb key i use is a little bit old (not fast).

Here is a pastekodi if you want to have a look there is a lot of message like following, normal or not ?

Code
     kernel: RTW: rtl8188f_fill_default_txdesc(wlan0): SP Packet(0x0806) rate=0x0 SeqNum = 1323
    Apr 06 06:41:11.382312 LibreELEC kernel: RTW: Turbo EDCA =0x5ea42b
    Apr 06 06:41:13.398342 LibreELEC kernel: RTW: Turbo EDCA =0xa42b

http://ix.io/4sMG

Yes please. It's useful to have a known reference that the dtb works. If you see any issues, we can track them and (hopefully) fix them.

NB: Does the box have an IR remote? If yes, do you have a working keymap for it?

IR remote not working anyomre, anyway not a big pb because most of the time I use an keyboard including pad (logitec)

Edited once, last by miltof: Merged a post created by miltof into this post. (April 6, 2023 at 7:56 AM).

• I have a Mecool m8s plus (s905x2) box with wifi RTL8188F.

I used the image from this thread, the box booted up and even saw the wifi network, but failed to configure (invalid key). After refresh in the libreelec menu the network is gone. Unfortunately, the lan network doesn't work either (problem with ethmac-systemd starting). I'm writing from memory.

Can it be solved somehow?

I have dtb file from Android.

I used meson-g12a-x96-max.dtb for this check.