Posts by miltof

scp multiple files. it seams stable even it this is slow down kodi but probably very normal as the usb key i use is a little bit old (not fast).

Here is a pastekodi if you want to have a look there is a lot of message like following, normal or not ?

Code
     kernel: RTW: rtl8188f_fill_default_txdesc(wlan0): SP Packet(0x0806) rate=0x0 SeqNum = 1323
    Apr 06 06:41:11.382312 LibreELEC kernel: RTW: Turbo EDCA =0x5ea42b
    Apr 06 06:41:13.398342 LibreELEC kernel: RTW: Turbo EDCA =0xa42b

http://ix.io/4sMG

Yes please. It's useful to have a known reference that the dtb works. If you see any issues, we can track them and (hopefully) fix them.

NB: Does the box have an IR remote? If yes, do you have a working keymap for it?

IR remote not working anyomre, anyway not a big pb because most of the time I use an keyboard including pad (logitec)

Thanks chewitt for your time and explanation - I did my first self building yesterday, of course standard just to learn, next step is to do that from a personal branch and learn how to include what I need. Again thanks for your time. I will test you last update after my work day !! just a last question - should I always use nexbox a95x as hardware now ?

hello, just to secure my understanding :

should I

1 - restart from a fresh downloaded image from the download section,

2 - upadte the uEnv.ini to meson-gxbb-p201.dtb

3 - put the new update in the .update

4 - update again uEnv.ini to "meson-gxbb-nexbox-a95x.dtb"

5 - boot again

Hello sorry for late very late reaction - i understand more or less the cold boot proposed but will need to read a little bit to better understand details of the manipulation - I opened the box to see componenet confirmed that there is a realtek in.

Hello,

many thanks first for your answer !!!

update done (I can see now Librelec (Chewitt) on my boot screen ...but wifi stiil not detected - only wire lan proposed.

One thing I notice : if i use the "meso-gxbb-p200.dbt", I can read an error message during the reboot just after the installation - "fail to start ethmactool-config service" and here even the wired network not working. I do not have this message when I user p201, wired lan work but not wifi !

keeping in mind that it wifi works with p200 in coreelect, what should I use p200 or p201 ?

thanks a lot for your support !!

fresh news added few minutes after my post;

decided to restart from begininng to secure I did not miss anything :

2 fresh usb key generated - 1 with P200 the second one with P201

boot and install - P200 not network (even wired) - P201 only wired works

update by putting the update file in storate/.update on both keys

update done but at the end same situation (no network when using P200) only wired when using P201

Hi,

Excatly in the same situation, I have an old 905 box (MXQpro4K) works fine with coreelec using gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dts. I flashed a new usb stick using LibreELEC-AMLGX.arm-11.0.0-box.img.gz my wifi stiil not working despite i updated like Chewitt explained. I can see RTL8188f (not the RTL8189) in the coreelec dmesg.

I can read that in the coreelec dmesg : CoreELEC dt-id: gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi

but what it is strange is that I have to use : meson-gxbb-p201.dtb to have Librelec working !!!

Can someone guide me - is it a question of driver missing or firmware ?

Thanks a lot as wrote Hansie for adding S905 back to the new release !