Apollo Lake LibreELEC Feedback

• I just bought a Nuc6cayh, 8GB of ram & an SSD.

Installed LE 8.0 this afternoon, this evening wife and I have just finished watching a 1080p 60hz movie encoded in 10bit x265 with 5.1 surround sound.

She has no idea that I've upgraded the media pc, everything worked flawlessly.

• I just bought a Nuc6cayh, 8GB of ram & an SSD.

Installed LE 8.0 this afternoon, this evening wife and I have just finished watching a 1080p 60hz movie encoded in 10bit x265 with 5.1 surround sound.

She has no idea that I've upgraded the media pc, everything worked flawlessly.

I have NUC6CAYS; out of interest did you install LE on the SSD, a USB stick? Reason I ask is that could not get LE to finish bootup when installed to USB..

• I have NUC6CAYS; out of interest did you install LE on the SSD, a USB stick? Reason I ask is that could not get LE to finish bootup when installed to USB..

I set the bios option to linux > Boot priority to usb first, ssd second > The installer was on a usb > The installation is on an SSD.

• Just as an update, I finally updated my system to Fritsch's 8.0.0.0 Generic build with HEVC 10 bit support.

My J3355B handles 10 bit HEVC flawlessly.

I initially thought that it was stuttering on jellyfish-400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv, but then i realised that the file was just buffering because it's a 1.4GB file that last a few seconds. So I paused for a second to let the cache fill up, let it play and it was flawless. CPU averaged about 20%.

That's very impressive from a passively cooled $55 SoC that I threw into a ten year old desktop chassis & PSU with a seven year old laptops RAM.

Edited once, last by CA_cabotage (March 10, 2017 at 4:31 AM).

• Just as an update, I finally updated my system to Fritsch's 8.0.0.0 Generic build with HEVC 10 bit support.

My J3355B handles 10 bit HEVC flawlessly.

I initially thought that it was stuttering on jellyfish-400-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv, but then i realised that the file was just buffering because it's a 1.4GB file that last a few seconds. So I paused for a second to let the cache fill up, let it play and it was flawless. CPU averaged about 20%.

That's very impressive from a passively cooled $55 SoC that I threw into a ten year old desktop chassis & PSU with a seven year old laptops RAM.

Hi, That's great to hear; however my nuc6cays (J3455) seems to be running the same clip in software (indeed all four cores are maxed out, and stutters a great deal). Can confirm whether you are using the "standard" build or one of the nightlies/something someone else have compiled? I've also applied the latest firmwares using a windows image.

Thanks in advance!

• Hi, That's great to hear; however my nuc6cays (J3455) seems to be running the same clip in software (indeed all four cores are maxed out, and stutters a great deal). Can confirm whether you are using the "standard" build or one of the nightlies/something someone else have compiled? I've also applied the latest firmwares using a windows image.

Thanks in advance!

I'm using the latest Fritsch Frueberger build.

Edited once, last by CA_cabotage (March 13, 2017 at 4:15 AM).

• this mostly based on code which will included in 8.0.2 release. but this is not official release so i called 8.0-devel ;)
    in updated there few packages mostly from intel-stuff and latest kernel. tested and working stable

• this mostly based on code which will included in 8.0.2 release. but this is not official release so i called 8.0-devel ;)
    in updated there few packages mostly from intel-stuff and latest kernel. tested and working stable

So this will provide 10 bit HEVC support through version 8.0.2?

• yes i added needed changes/patches but official HEVC10 support will come at LE9 with kodi18
    Both my build from Index of / are with HEVC support and optimalized for intel and i will update from time to time.

Hi,
    I installed your latest build on my NUC I3 7th GEN, but i can't use my DTS-HD Dolby True HD at all, i have them activated in the settings , i can get DTS signle and DD signle but not the HD Passthrough , can you please help :(