Can't get delete key to work on Harmony remote

• I'm on 10.0.4 on an RP4 with a FLIRC adapter and using a Harmony 665 remote. My goal is to be able to easily delete something after watching. However, the only thing that works is the Context menu which is a lot of button pushes. If I put a USB keyboard on I can hit the delete key and hit confirm a couple times. I've programmed the remote with KODI and WMCE devices and added the Delete and Clear keys, but they don't work.

Any suggestions on how to get this to work?

Thanks!

• Have you also added the mapping of the Harmony Clear button-send to the Kodi Delete function in .Kodi\userdata\keymaps\keymap.xml ?

In the Harmony software I have the Clear button set to send the Clear keypress and change it's function, once received, in the keymap instead.

e.g. snippets from my keymap.xml

I'm using the Harmony Hub + RF remote + IR blaster to USB MCE receiver but the principle should be the same with Harmony 665 + Flirc IR receiver.

• Hi,

I had something similar, I'm using MCE remotes (HP) and tried to assign a button to open the context menu. When I tried to use the "#" button, in file manager, always opened the "rename" menu instead of the context. Then I tried to use the "yellow" and works perfectly. I think some ("special") remote buttons can't be reassigned in the .xml file. As I resolved what I want with "yellow" button, I didn't continued to search a solution for the "#" button remap...

• Have you also added the mapping of the Harmony Clear button-send to the Kodi Delete function in .Kodi\userdata\keymaps\keymap.xml ?

In the Harmony software I have the Clear button set to send the Clear keypress and change it's function, once received, in the keymap instead.

Keymap, of course! Completely forgot about that, thanks for the code.