Old MX Box (mbx reference board g18ref)

• Hello I have an old MX Box with is a generic g18ref box based on AML-8726MX SOC. Is there a libreELEC version for it that I could use? Please post the link if that is possible.

Thanks

• Most efforts are put in the usual builds (Generic PC, Raspberry Pi, etc), and the current 80x/90x series of AMLogic.
    We're not planning to also support older/outdated AML hardware.

• Most efforts are put in the usual builds (Generic PC, Raspberry Pi, etc), and the current 80x/90x series of AMLogic.
    We're not planning to also support older/outdated AML hardware.

Why not? This outdated hardware is the same as found in original WeTek Play which is officially supported and there is already very stable public OpenELEC fork (GitHub - codesnake/OpenELEC.tv: Port of the OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes) for it so everything is sorted out (bootloader, WiFi, remote). There are many users of those boxes (G18REF or GBOX MX2) as those were first really usable low-cost Kodi boxes available. I'd say dual Cortex-A9 1,5 GHz, 1 GB RAM and Mali-400 MP is not so outdated yet.

• Why not? This outdated hardware is the same as found in original WeTek Play which is officially supported and there is already very stable public OpenELEC fork (GitHub - codesnake/OpenELEC.tv: Port of the OpenELEC for Amlogic-based TV boxes) for it so everything is sorted out (bootloader, WiFi, remote). There are many users of those boxes (G18REF or GBOX MX2) as those were first really usable low-cost Kodi boxes available. I'd say dual Cortex-A9 1,5 GHz, 1 GB RAM and Mali-400 MP is not so outdated yet.

I agree this the only box that I know that can power on and off with a build but not because of that makes it a great box. Nemesis made to build OE and LE
    He mention he just did for his fam but I don't think he wa trying to perfect it. I still thank for what he did because it showed the potential of what it can do there's little bugs here and there and I know it can be fixed. Keep mx2 ALIVE!!!

• I agree this the only box that I know that can power on and off with a build but not because of that makes it a great box. Nemesis made to build OE and LE
    He mention he just did for his fam but I don't think he wa trying to perfect it. I still thank for what he did because it showed the potential of what it can do there's little bugs here and there and I know it can be fixed. Keep mx2 ALIVE!!!

So lets try it. I've just built new LE image for MX2/G18 (thread-4858.html).

• This image is not work on MX2. After new install, we cannot forward on Welcome page :(

What device do you have? What exactly happens on welcome page? If you wait for a couple of minutes does the time in the top-right corner change or is it stuck on 12:00?

It is tested on DroidTV MX and G-Box Midnight MX2. Both have the same IR remote (see the pictures). If your device has different remote try connecting USB keyboard.

Edited once, last by KOPRajs (February 22, 2017 at 3:48 PM).

• What device do you have? What exactly happens on welcome page? If you wait for a couple of minutes does the time in the top-right corner change or is it stuck on 12:00?

It is tested on DroidTV MX and G-Box Midnight MX2. Both have the same IR remote (see the pictures). If your device has different remote try connecting USB keyboard.

Hi KOPAsjs,
    I have G-BOX MX2 from matricom. After welcome page show up, I can't move forward on next buttom (stuck on welcome page). I already wait a lot of time, but nothing happened. I also connect a mouse and click in next button, but no move forward.
    Cheers
    Jocio