MariaDB addon

• I have fuzzy recall that it defaults to only allowing access from the local host, so clients elsewhere on the network will be blocked until that's changed to allow access from anywhere. I'm not 100% sure on that, but something to check.

• Thanks guys, I have had a look at the above link and the paths refer to an Ubuntu install and I am finding it difficult to follow.

I was under the impression that the Libreelec mariadb addon just required the passwords setting and an advancedsettingd.xml installing on the client. This I have done.

There appears to be 2 directories concerned with the addon

1 /storage/.kodi/addons/service.mariadb/

2 /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.mariadb/

In the 2nd directory I found some config files and the mysqld.log generated (which I have attached) and it appears the database is up and running and trying to serve on 0.0.0.0, but the client is unrecognised and unreachable.

Any help as to how I can debug the connection would be most appreciated.

• here you go text only as .xml is not allowed as an attachment.

<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>

</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.2</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>kodi</pass>

</musicdatabase>

<videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>

</videolibrary>

</advancedsettings>

• On a positive note, as an alternative I installed the Jellyfin server addon in LE10.

I got it working in minutes on both Kodi and web clients and appears to behave very well.

I'm disappointed I didn't have a similar experience with MariaDB since I'm moving over to Kodi clients on firesticks and this would have been a nice light approach with the entire database hosted on the server machine.

Has anyone out there managed to make the MariaDB addon work on LE10 or the beta LE11?

• Thanks vpeter, yes i have done both default password then I changed it in the gui to "kodi".

The set_mysql_passwords.sql is below

SET PASSWORD FOR 'root' localhost=PASSWORD('kodi');

CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'kodi';

CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'kodi' localhost;

SET PASSWORD FOR 'kodi'=PASSWORD('kodi');

SET PASSWORD FOR 'kodi' localhost=PASSWORD('kodi');

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'kodi';

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'kodi' localhost;

flush privileges;

So I'm fairly sure all is good with passwords and in the original log file it references serving on 0.0.0.0.0 so I'm guessing there are no network restrictions.

I have a few services running on Docker so that is going to be my next approach.

I just thought the LibreELEC MariaDB addon looked like an easy install, two words in a GUI, a simple advanced settings.xml and good to go.

• Does it work connecting from terminal?

Code
    mysql -u kodi -p -h 192.168.0.2

I just thought the LibreELEC MariaDB addon looked like an easy install

It was intended like this. And it worked in the past. But after all this time I have no idea about current status. Not much users I would say :)

• Are you connecting from localhost? If not, you need to add in your network & subnet mask, something like

CREATE USER 'kodi'@'192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0';

MySQL :: MySQL 8.0 Reference Manual :: 6.2.4 Specifying Account Names

• Just tested the addon on LE with connection from Windows and it is working as it should. I only set correct kodi password in addon settings and Windows Kodi instance got connected without a problem.

So the addon still works as it was intended.

• Thanks vpeter, that will be encouraging news for some.

Unfortunately on my Firestick install and kodi on Linux mint install I get no connection due to access denied.

My smb shares and local library scanning is working well on all installs so I'm going to abandon this project I just can't get it to work.