Installing on old S905 TV box

• As for the reset button addition, I am still waiting for the neighbor to buy me a button and I will then give him the tvbox to solder it.

Ask for a small round button. So you can drill a hole with that size, and glue it on from inside the case.

• Ye olde 'wl' was added for AppleTV support aeons ago and was noticed again recently. It will survive LE11 (bit late to drop it) but I suspect will be gone and replaced by b43 (which doesn't cover exactly the same cards) for LE12.

• Honest question. Now that the wifi works, do I have to do all that recovery procedure to get the info you asked? I have no problem doing so, but the addition will probably take a couple of days.

Moreover, I do not really want to drill holes on the tvbox's housing. And in case I did not mention it earlier, it also has a small square ~8*8cm steel plate (2-3mm thick) mounted under its top so as to weight more. Removing that will probably make it 90% lighter :D

• Moreover, I do not really want to drill holes on the tvbox's housing. And in case I did not mention it earlier, it also has a small square ~8*8cm steel plate (2-3mm thick) mounted under its top so as to weight more. Removing that will probably make it 90% lighter :D

They gave you a useless metal block instead of a reset button. Marketing geniuses... ^^

You just need one hole to reach the button. Nobody will see. ;)

• I noticed that images for 10.95.1 (11 beta2) reached the greek mirror a few days ago and I was curious if I would have to redo the dtb change in the ini file again. I also had a suspicion that wifi will not work after updating :D

Anyway, I did the upgrade and now wifi is not detected again, so I will flash the image from here again.

Index of /testing/

Do you really create images every single day? Because it is stressful for me to update it every single day!

In other news, I am still waiting my neighbor to find or buy me a button for the tvbox! That is why I have not replied all week :(

• Sorry for reopening the thread 5+ months later, but I had more important stuff to do outside of le. Since there will be no unofficial images for amlgx in the near future, on which I had to rely for its wifi, time to move on.

First and foremost, my stupid neighbor kept the tvbox for almost 1 month before me asking when will it be ready. He said he did not and will not fix it because he does not like me cursing/swearing (not at him, cursing/swearing in general)! Sadly, I did not find another technician to do it since then, so it still has no reset button.

No reset button = no way to make it boot from its emmc. A workaround to boot it to recovery by having an empty update.zip file in the root of the sd (found on xda) does not seem to work with the new booting procedure. At this point, I thought that I'd rather use that small sd for something else and make the tvbox boot from usb. Is that possible? These are my last attempts to make it work with le 11, because the time I have wasted on this I would rather spend it on dtech's build of le 9 for s905 or lakka or emuelec.

Edited once, last by jim_p (July 24, 2023 at 5:24 AM).

• I got a reset button in the tvbox! And it cost me more than it should.

I do not have the tvbox in my hands yet, but the technician (who took the photo) said it does nothing when pushing it, it just stays on the amlogic logo with the tiger and nothing more. In fact, he said it did the same just by short-wiring the contacts there, thus a button would be pointless, but I told him to install it anyway.

And that is why I asked on dtech's thread about what it should do. So, what do I do now?