Dvb tuner unrecognized

• hello, I have a Dikom Dvb-t2 tuner but if I connect it on USB port of my RaspberryPI zero W, running LE 9.2.6, nothing happens. Dmesg shows absolute no messages about it. I connected it by y-cable to give external power to the tuner. A mouse connected with same cable is registered in dmesg.

Same tuner, connected to my debian PC works as expected and dmesg:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    shows it as a af9015 chipset. My LE contains usb-dvb-af9015.fw under /lib/firmware so I assume it should be supported.

You think I have to rebuild the kernel for it or I'm simply missing something?

• I'm considering to use Tvheadend, but for the momento it should be enough LE recognize usb tuner and load its driver. I tried to install tvheadend, but obviosly it shows no Dvb adapter available in configuration.

• This is dmesg output of my LE9.2.6 with usb dvb connected:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

lsusb output is null so I cannot share nothing

Edited once, last by alrama (January 27, 2023 at 2:30 PM).

• my setup

Unfortunately, I don't have such a device, but are you sure this USB Y-cable with OTG-adapter is suitable for this purpose?

Maybe the middle two USB wires (DATA+/DATA-) are not shared in this Y-splitter (or I don't know, what is this), so I think this will not work.

I think the tuner only gets the power and that's it.

You should try adding a dedicated power supply to the 2nd micro USB port (I mean a real power supply, not a phone charger) and connecting the tuner to the first via OTG.

• I made choose module drivers from late kerner, then reboot. It seems to me nothing is changed, but thi is dmesg after reboot

• Alrama, Yes it looks as though tuner is still not recognized. Is it possible to connect the tuner directly to pi without otg cable just a regular data cable and see if pi will recognize it by doing lsusb? Maybe this way may not work and that's why raspberry pi came out with the Tv hat which has a DVB tuner included in it.

• The interesting thing is that lsusb should also show the USB host chip (or the root hub).

If you unplug the OTG-cable and boot without that (empty first port), is the output still null?

• Personally I’d get that DVBT tuner working on a separate board and use it as a server via TVH to serve your LE board as a client. Even if you do get it working attached to the LE board the next upgrade will probably break the drivers. It’s just not worth the trouble.

• The problem is that no low-level USB functions seem to work at the moment.

alrama

Have you tried connecting a different type of USB device (e.g. flash drive) to the OTG cable? Because if that doesn't work either, then we have to check the problem elsewhere.

• The problem is that no low-level USB functions seem to work at the moment.

It looks like a Pi Zero (don't have one), interestingly not even the internal USB hubs are detected. Something like this should be in dmesg:

Code
    [    0.896406] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
    [    0.899593] hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected

Which is why lsusb is empty. Possibly the wrong DT/overlay?

• Grasshopper , I haven't a sdcard for that at the moment, I'll try at soon as possibile.

dtech , flash drive is not working. I was persuaded usb works fine, because I saw PS/2 mouse dmesg line, but LE print that line without mouse attached too, so this means nothing about usb. And mouse doesn't work anyway.

petediscrete , maybe you are right, and I have to choose a different way on this.

Anyway, thank you all guys for your support